Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.22 error when connecting BW

Fabrício
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

I want to create a New Dataset on top of BW,  when I try to connect BW i got this message:

while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.IBackendServices.isConnectionUpAndRunning(java.lang.String) of a null object returned from com.sap.ip.bi.zen.IDesignerEnvironmentBase.getBackendServices()while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ip.bi.zen.connectivity.IBackendServices.isConnectionUpAndRunning(java.lang.String) of a null object returned from com.sap.ip.bi.zen.IDesignerEnvironmentBase.getBackendServices()

[object Object]

Could you help me ?

Regards,

Fabrício

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Fabricio,

This is an error that we actually haven't been able to reproduce locally... We investigated on the environment of a customer who was facing the exact same problem and we have implemented a potential fix for it in Lumira 1.25.

I would recommend to retest on Lumira 1.25 and let me know if that issue is still reproducible then.

Regards,

Etienne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Etienne,

Where can i download Lumira 1.25, please can you send me the link,becuase in the official SAP page doesn't appear.

Best Regards,

Franco Jordan

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Etienne is discussing an internal dev build to SAP, apologies for the confusion.

we are currently validating SP24 internally, so 25 is some time off yet - nearer May i would expect.

Regards,
H

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jordan, 1.25 just released. You should be able to download it from SMP. I also believe that Lumira will inform you re. an autoupdate, so accept that, update and try again.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ludek,

thanks a lot for the information, i will download the file and let you know if it works.

Best Regards,

Franco Jordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ludek,

The new version of lumira, correct the problem with the connection to BW.

Thanks a lot for your help and info.

Best Regards,

Franco Jordan

0 Kudos

This is great news.

Cheers,

Etienne

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been getting this same error for 6 months.  I've given up with SAP Support and have requested my PC be re-imaged.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Barnaby,

I recomned you to download the 1.25 lumira version that corrects the BW connection problem.

Best regards,

FJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have downloaded the latest version but i am still getting the same error. Please advise

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

please create your own thread, describing the fully-qualified problem with screenshots

thanks,

H

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrício,

Are you using Lumira Desktop?  What type of connection to BW - a BW universe or a BEx query - could you please provide more details?

Thanks,

Tammy

Fabrício
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy !

Lumira Desktop

Connection type Bex Query

The error occurs on the screen that you need to inform BW system, language, user account and password.

Thanks,

Fabrício

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrício- at what step do you get this error?  When trying to acquire?  Also please look at this helpful answer from Boris at

Fabrício
Participant
0 Kudos

Tammy,

I opened Lumira, go to file, New, Connect to Sap Business Warehouse, next, fill the fields, Server, Client id, Language, User, Password and then click on Connect, so the error happens.

My connection is not working properly as the example.

Thanks,

Fabrício

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fabricio - would you please have a look at this thread and see if helps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabricio,

Regarding your comment "... fill the fields, Server, ...", are you typing in the server value (representing System ID), or picking it up from the combo box? The value should come from your saplogon.ini file .

Can you connect to the same system using SAP Logon? Can you also try changing the connection definition (or using another connection) to try to isolate the problem (e.g. change from application to message host, use or not use a router, ...)?

Regards,

Boris

Fabrício
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I am picking it up from combo box, the value comes from saplogon.ini

I can connect and use sap BW system.

I'll try to connect another system.

Thanks !

Fabrício

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fabricio,

I am having the same problem, i wanna know if you solve the problem?, did you find the solution?.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

FJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

same issue here fro the past several months.  I have an open OSS message.  I'll let you know if I get a response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much barnaby, I really appreciate it