cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0: Best practice - flavor naming convention in Personas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

This is a small question regarding best practice, but it becomes important when it comes to the go-production phase:

Assume there are two apps, each has several flavors. Since the current Personas does not offer good flavor managing feature, such as folders, all the flavors made for projects are displayed together - making it difficult to identify which is for which project.

Just to make life easier, I thought that using a good naming convention for flavors in apps would be very helpful.

Below is what I had in mind, and I'd like to hear from any other ideas.

Below is "my rules":

1. All the flavors for an app will have the same initial letters, eg, OT_xx for an app, WP_xx for another app.

2. The "home" initial screen of each app will be suffix wih "_Home", so in the eg, it will be OT_Home and WP_Home for the two init screens.

3. For the other flavors of transactions, the name will be based on functionality, and the name format will be worlds together with capital letter.

eg, in the two apps, for creating a notification, the two flavors will be named as:

OT_CreateNtf

WP_CreateNtf

Does anyone have any other ideas from your practical projects? Or did I miss some points? Thanks.

Br,

Dong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks to Steve and Cheryl who gave good inputs. Just to leave a space to more ideas, I will leave this post open for a short while. Hope there would be more ideas coming. Thx.

Best regards,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our screen design removes the title bar that Steve is using to identify the flavors, so we use the flavor's description as the key identifier instead.

We use a four letter group identifier followed by a descriptive. For example, WWPR = Worldwide Procurement, IBHR = In-Business HR, and LEWM = Lean Warehouse Management.

This makes it very easy to find all related flavors using the search. (see images)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. Good points, specially the searching feature that I never thought about.

Best regards,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Flavours for different transactions can have the same name. In my Personas development for our maintenance department () there are 20 transactions, and all of the flavours are called "Estates". That makes the flavour bar much neater. I use the transaction's title bar to indicate what the screen is for - no need to encode that in the flavour name.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for your tips. I didn't know that different tcodes can use the same flavor name. Using the title bar is also a good idea. I will have a try. Thanks.

Best regards,

Dong