cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I´m about to go in for SAP Transactional Banking Certificate. I took a look on few example questions and one these made me wonder. It is about SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment. The question was: You are implementing banking services based on the SOA approach. Which of the following SAP NetWeaver components support this implementation scenario?

Possible answers:

a) O SAP NetWeaver Master Data Management

b) O SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse

c) O Enterprise Services Repository

d) O SAP NetWeaver Process Integration

e) O SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment

Correct answers are c, d and e. Answers "c" and "d" are totally clear for me, whereas answer "e" isn't. I'm not quite familiar with SAP CE. I'm only aware of, that within SAP CE there are Java, ABAP and Web Dynpro development possibilities. I know also that SAP NetWeaver CE uses ESR like SAP PI.

My question is: is SAP NetWeaver CE is always obligatory SAP component when following SOA approach? Is it necessary to buy licence for SAP NetWeaver CE while implementing other SAP NetWeaver components like PI?

Can anyone be so kind?

Kind Regards

Bartek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nipun_shedhani4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Bartek,

To your questions:

It is not necessary to have a license for SAP Netweaver CE, if you are implementing SAP NetWeaver's PI 7.31 however if you need Business Process Models then yes you would need to procure a separate license for it.

Also if you would have SAP PI 7.1 the perhaps SAP Netweaver CE is not required for BPMs too.

My question is: is SAP NetWeaver CE is always obligatory SAP component when following SOA approach? Is it necessary to buy licence for SAP NetWeaver CE while implementing other SAP NetWeaver components like PI?

Kind Regards

Bartek

HTH,

-Nipun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nipun,

ok. Understood. Thank you!

Regards

Bartek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)