SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About prepay account

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello export,

As I know prepay account is a part of ISU .also associated with SAP CRM or Convergent charge.

Can anyone help to clarify  how to handle prepay account process in FI-CA ?

Thanks in advance!

Mary

11 REPLIES 11

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Mary

check out   also, might have details.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for quickly response. however we don't apply IS-U , only standard FI-CA applied. so I assume maybe we cannot use standard prepayment functionality .

Mary

0 Kudos

ok - then where are the charges coming from?  Without ISU maybe you build a prepay process.

0 Kudos

hi bill,

Base current solution charge will come from other external rating system .

My idea is to sent  down payment request to require Customer pre-payment ,then record prepayment as credit memo, deducct credit memo once customer use services and generate normal invoice to customer.

What's your suggestion?

Mary

0 Kudos

However, client request release invoice to Customer upfront ..this is also confuse me how to handle it .

0 Kudos

Hi Mary.

Should you release the invoice before the service is done or before the payment is made? Should this be the invoice or just the letter to customer with the request for payment?

Marko

0 Kudos

Hi, Marko

it's should be kind of request or call receipt more suitable before payment and service is done.

I had try add this receipt into ADOH category invoice but not work, could you guide me ?

Thanks ! Have a nice weekend!

Mary

0 Kudos

Hi Mary.

In that case, and having in mind youre not using IS-U, but only the FI-CA part, maybe it would be best to deal with it in the module (or external software) where the invoices will be created from?

Marko

0 Kudos

Hi Marko,

Don't you think standard CI cannot support the requirement?

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark.

I think the way to go should beaccurately identifying the needs. That will give you the answer if you can do it in FI-CA part (for example, using Print Workbench or similar functionality) or you need to do it in the billing system or you will need to do a custom development in FI-CA.

Marko

0 Kudos

Thanks Marko.