cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required zero confirmed qty in sales order booking for a particular plant only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

An urgent requirement for zero confirmed qty while sales order booking for a particular plant only, tried all configuration related to schedule lines, item category and also there is no stock in plant. Looked many discussion relating to this topic but no use. Settings done in availability check control but still now working. Please tell me is there something which is left to be configured ?

Thanks & Regards

Deven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member218251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What might work, as I understand there is no stock:

In material master, set the Availability check (MRP3 tab) to 02.

In MRP2 tab, set the procurement type to E and set in house production time to XX (way back in the future, further then any logical sales order would have to confirm against).

Now: Since there is no stock, and you have check 02, SAP will confirm against the planning time on MRP2. This is then set such way that always all orders will be unconfirmed.

To confirm the order, you can create a planned order (manually or using MRP) and set a date in the planned order that is OK with your internal planning. You can now confirm the sales order against this planned order.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why would you want the system to not confirm something? The aspiration of the availability check should always be to try to assign a confirmed quantity to the sales order.

If you have no stock in your plant, and you are still getting a confirmation, then the only standard explanation for this is that the availability check is being confirmed according to your end lead time. In OVZ9, you can specify if RLT is checked. When you are checking with RLT, the system calculates an end lead date and the system will confirm any requirement on or after this date regardless of whether there is stock available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Noel.

Actually it is the requirement of our client that confirmed qty should be zero in schedule lines while booking the order. Although we have done somehow by writing code in standard program. But we want it through configuration if possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like a strange requirement...can you please elaborate why business need this so that we can suggest something....

ATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ATP,

Actually as per the business need, i had configured the availability check and applied in some materials in material master and then booked the order where availability check was performing which is ok but the issue was one another order was booked with another order type and having same material codes and its line items were confirming the qty and both the order types having same item category and schedule line category. So during availability check in first (main) order, its confirmed qty got reduced due to qty already confirmed in second order of another order type . So i want it to be controlled based on sales order type and for a particular plant only. Also our business need is that confirmed qty for other plants of same sales organization's sales orders should be zero when order is booked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

My suggestion would be as below

1. Create a delivery block reason Z1 by copying 01 : Credit Limit. (I hope you are aware that delivery reason definition has a column CONF which controls wheatear to confirm quantity or not )

2. Assign this delivery block in sales order type (VOV8) so that system will set delivery block Z1 in  sales order header.

3. Whenever sales order need to be confirmed, authorized person can remove delivery block by going in to VA14L

4. Once Delivery block is removed system will confirm qty in schedule line subject to stock available.

Hope this would be helpful....

ATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ATP,

Thanks for the reply.

As per your suggestions, i have done the settings and then tested but the result is same which is still confirming the qty in schedule lines during booking the order though the order has delivery block.

Anything else where correction is required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

If you have done configuration as suggested no other configuration is required.

Cross check that in delvery block reason defination.CONF option is checked.

Imp: as you mentioned you are checking confirmed qty while booking sales order. System will reset confirmed qty to zero while saving sales order. So go ahead and save order and check in display or change mode.

Hope it will help you.

ATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ATP,

As we are using the configuration what you have suggested which is delivery block reason for zero confirmed quantity on saving the sales order  but we are facing another situation where on change of item schedule line date, it confirms the quantity again. So we also want to control this situation and we want that confirmed qty remains zero on change of schedule line date. So how it can be controlled through configuration? if not then pls suggest any user exit or function module where we can put our code.

Thanks & Regards

Deven

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

If your requirement is due to the things as per your 3rd post in this discussion, then I think you are trying to achieve your requirement through a wrong way.

If you get unconfirmed quantity in sales order, how will u deliver it at a later stage..?

As from your posts, "So during availability check in first (main) order, its confirmed qty got reduced due to qty already confirmed in second order of another order type . "

this is not a std behaviour of availability check. U need to look into it

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Jobi.

But my requirement as per 's second post which is dated

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deven,

With this approach, the system will change the confirmed quantity to "1" when you change the date.

However, it should revert it back to 0 when you save the order. Have you checked the confirmed quantity after you press save?

Regards,

Noel