Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Inspection for Stock Transfer Purchase Order

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have currently activated QM for a Material and it will be used in Stock Transfer order.

So in QM view of the Material master we maintain inspection Type 08 and made it active. All the flows are working normal.

But have couple of points to clarify

-When we create an STO for this material , then in Delivery Tab of PO item the stock type is defaulting to Unrestricted. But while GR its picking Quality inspection stock type and creating lot also. So flow wise its ok, but what is the reason why Stock type unrestricted is defaulting in PO ?

-In Some case client doesn't want to have QM activated for this Material during GR. So they maintained a Q-info record for this Material and Plant Vendor and mentioned Inspection control to NO. But still while doing GR inspection lot is getting created. Wanted to clarify whether QM info rec will only work for external purchasing from a Real vendor and not with Plant vendor ? or is there any other setting through which we can achieve this.

Know that when ever QM is not required we can deactivate in material master , but that's not preferred way.

Please let me know your views on this

Regards

Shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

When a  purchase order is created, the system checks whether a quality info record is required and available for the combination of material and vendor.

The system also checks whether the vendor and material-vendor combination is blocked or released for quotations, purchase orders and/or goods receipt. The execution of this check depends on the setting

of the QM in procurement control key in the material master.

The quality info record displays a vendor block specified in the vendor master, the vendor's QM system, and the lock date.

You can specify a status profile for releasing the supply relationships and the QM system of the material-vendor combination in the quality info record. Then you can decide whether you want to

deactivate the goods receipt inspection or perform a goods receipt inspection and/or source inspection.

Also please check the system logic :

1. QM-system is maintained in the QINF-record

An inspection lot created or not depending on the corresponding

indicator "Certified QM System - Skip" in customizing-view

V_TQ02B (QM-system).

The field 'insp control' (QINF-NOINSP) is NOT evaluated at all

in this case.

2. No QM-system is maintained in the QINF-record

a) QINF-NOINSP = '1' (Inspection active, independent of vendor

certification)

QM-system of the vendor is not evaluated.

Like in case 1 : An inspection lot is created or not depending on

the corresponding indicator in the customizing-view V_TQ02B

b) QINF-NOINSP not equal '1'

An inspection lot is created or not depending on the

corresponding indicator in customizing-view V_TQ02B for the QM-

system, which is maintained in the vendor master

Regards,

Natália

former_member459660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Natalia

Thanks for reply.

But i didnt understood it properly. May be i was not fully clear.

I have maintained Q info record in qi01 for the material and Vendor( Vendor is plant as its an STO) and then put Inspection control =No inspection.

But while Doing GR for this Stock transport order QM lot is getting generated.

This is the issue i am facing. Can you please clarify further

Regards

Shyam