Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget control during PR05 /TRIP

former_member599430
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sapient

Client have two different server i.e HR & Travel management have been configured in one server and main sever where FI & other respective module have been configured including funds management. so client requirement is budget control should be there during the time of travel request creation (PR05/TRIP). kindly let me know how to activate budget control through funds management as both are in different server.

We are using EHP6 version and fund management already activated and working fine.

Thanks Regards

Sasanka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member599430
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Eli

Thanks for your valuable reply. Our case is bit different actual FI posting done by user in one server and travel request generation(PR05/TRIP) is in other server hence can it be possible to control the budget through interface because direct FI posting through FB60 or F-02 does not have link with travel request. Please kindly suggest how the budget will work for complete cycle from request generation to actual posting in FI moudle.

Thanks & regards

Sasanka

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not sure what your expectations from the system are. If you manage an activity, say travel management, in one SAP instance and you have budget control in another, how do you want to integrate the flow? Either you replicate, at least at the required minimum, TV settings in your target system in order to allow registry of travels coming from your HR SAP client, or you integrate (merge) two clients together.

Regards,

Eli

former_member599430
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli

Your statement is meaning full

former_member599430
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks all for reply

yes interface is going to be created through RFC between two system.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, when you would have the interface, then you can analyse the settings in FM. I guess, your future interface will send already approved expenses on the travel as FI document. In this case, no special integration would be required. You will just have to secure that correct FM assignment is sent with the document.

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sasanka, I think there is no matter they are on separate servers, the ERP works like "one" system.

FM/BCS must be set to the operators from SAP TM.

Did you run the PR05 with FM trace?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't get your point. Are you saying that you have HR system in one SAP instance and FI/FM - in another? In this case, what kind of activation do you foresee? You have to set up a system of interfaces between the two instances, so that FI/FM would receive the necessary data. Obviously, you cannot control in system 'A' what happening in system 'B' without having interaction between them.

Regards,

Eli

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Eli, I think she was talking about BASIS thing about the two servers.

Or was she talking about two "clients" (as separate systems) ?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Search me