Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weighable article in delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I trying to find a solution for the next scenario:

We have a weighable article that is delivered in cartons. When delivering this article from one warehouse to another site (STO)  that quantity in car does not always match the quantity stored in master data, which result in having an incomplete number of cartons received by the stores.

I want to have the number of cartons be the same all the way but still charge the site with the correct weight.

Please advice

For example:

Article 22

1 car = 13 KG.

Order

10 cars = 130 KG

Delivery

10 cars = 120 KG, each car = 12 KG – this data is coming from external WM system

Quantity received in store is  9.2 cars( 120KG/130KG).

Best regards,

Lior Shor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by Weighable article,

you are actually the first in the SAP domain who use this phrase.

I assume you base unit is CAR

and the alternative unit is KG.

The conversion between CAR and KG is a fixed ratio. Hence when you move KG it will get converted to CAR, if you have less quantity in a CAR then it should be according to the conversion ratio, then you get fractions of a CAR. This is just mathematically correct.

It could only be different if you use batch specific units of measure and each CAR would be an individual batch.

you should not only see 9.2 CAR in the receiving plant, you should as well see 0.8 CAR in your shipping plant (which are physically not there), isn't it.

It think this issue is just related to inaccurate filled CARs, they do not match with the specified units and conversion ratios from your material master.

You should have a second material master for 12 Kg in a CAR.