cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form with input fields in tabular format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement for ABAP webdynpro, which I am not able to understand how to implement.

I need to display a editable table in ABAP Webdynpro. The header of the table will be like this... Sunday, 1st Jan | Monday, 2nd Jan | Wednesday, 3rd Jan....etc. In the first row of the table user will provide subtype (i.e. A,B,C,D ), second row date, 3rd row Time....so different data types in different rows with dropdown.

Please suggest me how to implement this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mani_sekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanta,

You can use the type as 'String' and use OVS or Dynamic search help based on the cursor row

Regards,

Manikandan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply. I was trying to implement this through Cell Variant. For different data types, I am using different cell variant. for some cases it solved my problem, however I am not completely satisfied with the output

Can you please let me know how to use dynamic search help based on curser row....I think this will solve my issue

mani_sekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below link explains how to use Freely Programmed Search Help

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50fd6096-a4b6-2d10-bfa8-bbd9001e0...

by using FPSH, you can dynamiclly change the UI in view and the values based on our requirement

For your case, you can get the Element info from Listener

WD_COMP_CONTROLLER->VALUE_HELP_LISTENER->IF_WD_VALUE_HELP_LISTENER~F4_CONTEXT_ELEMENT

Through element information, you can able to identify for which row the F4 event has been triggered.

if it is 1st row, display sub types

if it is 2nd row, display date

and if it is 3rd row, display time

I hope this will solve your requirement

Regards,

Manikandan S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestion

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Time Entry? Why not look at the CATS WebDynpro app and see how SAP did it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know the component name/View name of CATS Webdynpro app? I will try to find out, how this is addressed in that application.