cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment error using CMS (Component is not a SCA but a SDA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't seen this message before on the forum so I thought I'd see if anyone else has run into this. My landscape is as follows:

Runtime System: NW04 SP14

JDI System: NW04 SP19

SAP SCA plugins: NW04 SP14

Application: Standard web dynpro with 2 DC's (one for model and one for application)

Landscape: Dev (no runtime), Cons (no runtime), Test (runtime), Production (runtime)

I have migrated my local development of these DC's into the JDI following the standard help documentation for migrating web dynpros. Everything went smoothly (no errors during build in Dev and Cons, Assembly went fine).

I am at the point of attempting to import my new SCA into the Test runtime environment using standard CMS. I first imported the SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JEE, and SAP_TECHS into test. This imported fine and from my understanding nothing will deploy for these so all is good. When I import my SCA, the SDM-deploy step issues the following fatal error:

<b>Info:Starting Step SDM-deploy at 2007-04-06 11:44:20.0344 -7:00

Info:start deployment of archives to SDM:http://myserver:50018

Info:The following archives will be deployed (on http://myserver:50018)

Info:E:\usr\sap\JTrans\CMS\archives\pcbp.comVMRSJDV_VMRS_C~20070406171501.sca

Fatal:Unexpected exception 'Component [Name: vmrs , Vendor: pcbp.com] is not a SCA, but a SDA.' occurred. Stopping processing.

Fatal Exception:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component [Name: vmrs , Vendor: pcbp.com] is not a SCA, but a SDA.:Component [Name: vmrs , Vendor: pcbp.com] is not a SCA, but a SDA.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Component [Name: vmrs , Vendor: pcbp.com] is not a SCA, but a SDA.

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)

.....</b>

Has anyone seen this message before or have any thoughts as to what may be the issue? I have searched the forums and OSS for the "Component is not a SCA but a SDA" message and have been unsucessful. I have validated that the archive is in fact packaged as an SCA file. I attempted to rename it from the file system to a .sda to see what would happen but that was not successful. One more bit of info that may be helpful is that there may have been a previous application deployed on the runtime environment with the same name. Prior to attempting to deploy the JDI version, I had removed the app (the non JDI one) from the server using the Deploy service of Visual Administrator so there shouldn't be a conflict there right?

Message was edited by:

Eric Vota

I think I figured this out. When I remove the application via the Visual Admin deploy service it does not synchronize with the SDM. For that reason, the old application (which was a deployed SDA) was still in the SDM repository. I am in process of using the SDM deploy tool to remove the offending application. After that I will attempt to reimport the SCA via the CMS. Hopefully this works. I'll update the post with the result in case anyone else has this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was fixed by undeploying from the SDM instead of from Visual Admin. Good to go now