cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Push data from Informatica 9.5.1 to SAP BW 7.3

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a requirement in which needs to push data from Informatica powerexchange to SAP BW system.

I have searched in scn.sap.com but couldn't get relevant informaion/document.

Please share if you have information/document on this.

Thankyou & Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

On this case for push the data, I was not able to find a Blog Post, or document, but I know that on this case you have to use BAPI interface. More specifically BAPI_ISOURCE* functions.

In the BW there are several BAPI which can be used for the data extraction into the BW. Use transaction SE37 and look for "BAPI_ISOURCE* and you will receive a list of BAPIs which can be used for the data extraction.

You can execute the BAPIs directly.

The data extraction will only work in case you do have a valid Request ID. This means you first have to execute an InfoPackage, the BW in this case creates a unique request ID. This request id has to be used as input parameter for the BAPI.Fill the other input parameters accordingly. The transfer structure of your InfoSource is represented as a Table input parameter in the BAPI. This table must contain the data which should be transferred into the BW. The table structure must match 1:1 the composition of your transferstructure.

With the RFC enable BAPIs you can implement a JAVA Extractor framework with the use of JCO.

Hope this helps.

Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also take a look on this tread:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/440473

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I confirm with other informatica colleagues and It can be done by creating RFC connection between the systems.

Create a data source with required fields from INFA table strcture in BW.

Data Source -- Extraction Tab

Adapter - from which table u need data .

DB connection type -- basis team can provide you.

DB User --  basis team can provide you.

Table/View -- required table name or workflow name.

Thanks

Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Thankyou for sending the link, i have gone through the document.

Can you please share the information/document which explains the push data from Informatica 9.5.1 to SAP BW 7.3 as well.

Regards,

Pavan