Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 Install with MS SQL Server Database

ed_miller
Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am attempting to install the SMP 3.0 SP5 server in a Production environment using MS SQL Server 2012 as the database it uses for the configurations.  I have SQL Server installed and I have run the appropriate script to create the "smp3" database along with the "gomobile" user.  I am able to verify the db exists using SQL Server Management Studio.  I have downloaded the "sqljdbc4.jar" JDBC drivers for MS SQL Server as well.  I have verified that those JDBC drivers work by using them with DB Visualizer to access the "smp3" database.

The issue I'm getting is with the SMP installer.  I get to the window where it asks for the db connectivity information.  I enter the following:

DB Type:                          MS SQL Server

DB Host:                          <my server> (which is the same server as I'm installing SMP on)

Port:                                1433

Login:                               gomobile

Password:                        <password>

Database name:                smp3

Path to SQL Server JDBC: full path to the "sqljdbc4.jar" file

When I press next, it attempts a DB connectivity test.  This fails.  Here are the errors in the installation log file:

(Feb 2, 2015 4:40:58 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime found: v10.0.40219.325

(Feb 2, 2015 4:40:58 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime found

(Feb 2, 2015 4:40:58 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime found

(Feb 2, 2015 4:40:58 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime found: v10.0.40219.325

(Feb 2, 2015 4:40:58 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Runtime found

(Feb 2, 2015 4:40:58 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ThirdPartySoftwareCheck, dbg, Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Runtime found

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelProductEditionOption, dbg, productInstallOption: Production Installation

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:execute method

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The hostname is [VM-SMP30] and the IP is [192.168.213.130]

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The domain name is [localdomain]

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.sybase.englwd.wizardbean.GetHostNameIP, dbg, GetHostNameIP:The fully qualified domain name is [VM-SMP30]

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.installshield.wizard.platform.win32.Win32JVMServiceImpl, dbg.jvm, calculating size from directory C:\smp\sapjvm_7_jre

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.installshield.product.actions.AddRequiredBytes, dbg, Adding 182497280 bytes to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\sapjvm_7

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.installshield.product.actions.AddRequiredBytes, dbg, Adding 817950720 bytes to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.installshield.product.actions.AddRequiredBytes, dbg, Adding 0 bytes to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.installshield.product.actions.AddRequiredBytes, dbg, Adding 0 bytes to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:01 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExtractZipFile, dbg, ExtractZipFile: execute()

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:05 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExtractZipFile, dbg, C:\smp/modules/common/SAPJDK-71.12.12-win.zip is extracted to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:05 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExtractZipFile, dbg, ExtractZipFile: execute()

(Feb 2, 2015 4:41:05 PM), , com.sap.install.smp.wizardaction.ExtractZipFile, dbg, C:\smp/modules/server/jdbc-utils.zip is extracted to C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Util

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:15 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, JDBC Driver location is C:\JDBC_Driver\sqljdbc_4.1\enu\sqljdbc41.jar

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:21 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, dbType:mssql

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:21 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, jdbcDriver: C:\JDBC_Driver\sqljdbc_4.1\enu\sqljdbc41.jar

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:21 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, jdbcDriver fullFileName: C:\JDBC_Driver\sqljdbc_4.1\enu\sqljdbc41.jar

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:22 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, jdbcDriverFile: C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Util\sqljdbc41.jar

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:24 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, sqlserverOSGi Bundle creation succcesful: 0

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:24 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, queryExit:mssql vm-smp30 gomobile [pwd entered] 1433 smp3

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:39 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, Ping failed: 1

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:39 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, err, Cannot connect to database. Verify that the values entered are correct and that the database is running.

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:39 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, err, Refer to errors in installation log.

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:39 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, err, Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: sun.security.ec.ECKeyPairGenerator.getEncodedBytes(J)[B

at sun.security.ec.ECKeyPairGenerator.getEncodedBytes(Native Method)

at sun.security.ec.ECKeyPairGenerator.generateKeyPair(ECKeyPairGenerator.java:132)

at java.security.KeyPairGenerator$Delegate.generateKeyPair(KeyPairGenerator.java:687)

at sun.security.ssl.ECDHCrypt.<init>(ECDHCrypt.java:76)

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverKeyExchange(ClientHandshaker.java:632)

at sun.security.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:218)

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:868)

at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:804)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1016)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1312)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1339)

at sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1323)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.enableSSL(IOBuffer.java:1618)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1324)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:992)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:828)

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1012)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:571)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:215)

at com.sap.mobile.platform.server.utilities.jdbc.DatabaseUtil.getConnection(DatabaseUtil.java:341)

at com.sap.mobile.platform.server.utilities.jdbc.DatabaseUtil.testConnection(DatabaseUtil.java:136)

at com.sap.mobile.platform.server.utilities.jdbc.DatabaseUtil.main(DatabaseUtil.java:121)

Looking at the above log entries, it created the JDBC bundle in the MobilePlatform3/Utils folder successfully before it tries the connectivity test.  It then fails to do the db connection and generates a list of java errors.

In short, can someone tell me what to do to try and resolve this error so I can continue on with the install?

Thank you,

Ed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:39 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, err, Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: sun.security.ec.ECKeyPairGenerator.getEncodedBytes(J)[B

"

There're not a lot of hits for this error but the ones you will find point to the JAVA installation or multiples of JAVA as the problem. The solution so far has been to remove all JAVA installs and reinstall.

for example:

Thanks

Mark

ed_miller
Participant
0 Kudos

Mark,

I did a variation from your suggestion.  My system's "PATH" had the java folders in it at the beginning (this system is also used for Agentry development, so I need the java JDK installed).  When I removed the java folders from the "PATH" variable, it went past the "Ping" and continued on with the installation.  Now I just need to get the JDK back in after the installation completes so I can appropriately develop.

Thank you,

Ed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate the update Ed. That's good to know.

Thanks

Mark

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I suspect a Java classloader issue.  I see two JDBC JAR files being pulled in, perhaps remove one from the CLASSPATH:

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:21 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, jdbcDriver fullFileName: C:\JDBC_Driver\sqljdbc_4.1\enu\sqljdbc41.jar

(Feb 2, 2015 4:43:22 PM), , com.installshield.smpserver.event.dialog.swing.PanelDBConfiguration, dbg, jdbcDriverFile: C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Util\sqljdbc41.jar

ed_miller
Participant
0 Kudos

Kevin,

That's not it.  As part of the installer, it takes a copy of the JDBC file (first one you've listed) and actually makes a copy of it to the C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Util folder (second one you've listed).  It then makes it's own JDBC bundle (in the long file right before the "Ping" that fails).

Thanks though.

Ed

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, you're correct.  Not clear what native library it can't find though.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The error seems to indicate it cannot find the necessary Visual C++ runtimes.  I would start by installing the 2010 C++ runtimes and see if that fixes the issue.  The error indicates 2010 / 2008 / 2005 so you may need all three or it may be just trying to fall back to the older versions.

--Bill

ed_miller
Participant
0 Kudos

Bill, the first few lines of the log file indicate that if FOUND the 2010 C++ runtime without issue.

Ed

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ed,

Sorry, misread the log file.

--Bill