cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to view a Lumira Story without HANA?

former_member254640
Discoverer
0 Kudos

After much reading I believe the only way to share a Lumira Visual on the SAP BI Platform is done through the use of a Lumira server installed on HANA.  I saw some workarounds using the Lumira cloud, which is not a viable option for my business.  Is there a way to share Lumira Stories directly from the BI Platform without HANA?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of now, I don't see how you could do this without HANA

You can use Lumira Edge without HANA and share stories but that is not the BI Platform

You can store Lumira stories on BI Platform without HANA (with Lumira 1.22 BI4.1 SP5) but you can't open the stories on the BI Platform; you could send the .LUMS file to the BI Inbox but you still can't open the .LUMS file

The only option to share this is the Lumira Cloud (with no HANA)

This is my take only

former_member254640
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Tammy thanks for the great information!  I am looking into SAP HANA Limited Runtime Edition for Applications (LREA) as a possible solution for installing Lumira Server.  Do you know if there is an advantage of using LREA over installing Lumira Server on an existing HANA system?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brett - that, I don't know - as a customer I am not using HANA

I hope can reply to this when he has time.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If my understanding is correct, if you use a Limited runtime license, then :

1. You Cannot do data modelling on this Hana (Lum srv) instance

2. This Hana (Lum srv) instance Cannot be used for data mart or data warehouse scenarios

Regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just to elaborate on the 'save to bi launchpad folders' workflow (no add-on necessary)  i put some screenshots up here on another reply :

Regards,

H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184468
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Just to add to everything that is stated, right now there is no way to view a story in BI launchpad without a HANA, but this will change soon.

Little bit more info here that touches on this:

http://scn.sap.com/community/lumira/blog/2014/11/27/lima-the-sap-businessobjects-bi-add-on-for-sap-l...