cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where flavors are saved before role assignment to user?

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I created upto 8 flavors to my login . Unfortunately i didn't see that i dont have any roles assigned to my username. After creating 8 flavors i realized it when i tried to share with other user , it was showing error while sharing.That is when i realized that i dont have any roles assigned to my username.

So i went inside personas admin page, and assigned admin role to my username. After changing my role, all the flavors that i created where wiped out, there are no trace of those flavors. Is this a Bug ?? is there any solution for this issue.

Regards,

Sivaganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pramod_nagargoje
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is a probable solution. Try below thing,

1) Go to Admin_ui Page

2) Go to Group Management

3) Create a Group and assign your user id in users list and also assign the system

4) Click on "Assign Flavors" button

5) Add flavors which you created (All 8 Flavors)

6) Save and Exit

7) Now you might see the flavors to your role.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't quite understand this scenario.

If you have no Personas role assigned to your user in the Personas admin transaction, then how could you create any flavors? You'd need FULL_EDIT_ACCESS or some other role allowing you to make changes to flavors.

Also, if your user doesn't have a Personas role, then you cannot assign any existing flavors to it either.

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

That should happen in ideal scenario but in our case, the user was not aware of the role assignment. But still he was able to edit the flavors and save it.

the flavors where not visible in any of the admin transaction pages as the user was not assigned any roles.

Regards,

Sivaganesh

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

As the flavors are not saving t in any of the tables , I wonder where would the flavors will actually get saved ?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think there is some confusion here regarding what roles are we talking about.

Do you mean Personas roles (assigned in the Personas admin transaction)? Or is it the PFCG role /PERSOS/ADMIN_ROLE assigned in SU01?

Again, if a user has no Personas role assigned, then it's not possible to edit flavors with or assign flavors to that user.

However, if the user does have the /PERSOS/ADMIN_ROLE assigned in User Administration, then the Personas admin transaction will be accessible and it is possible to perform administration functions. It is still not possible to edit flavors or use flavors with this user though.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Go to SE16 and display table /PERSOS/FLAVOR.

Do you have any entry in there where the flavor NAME is empty (blank)?

If yes, then apply note 2119859 to fix the bug causing this issue.

You will have to edit that entry and change the field NAME to something else than blank to get the flavor back.