cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM- Security role transport issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are facing an issue whenever Security roles are transported through Normal change in CHARM - Solman 7.1 SP10.

If a Role A is modified(assume Version 1) in Development system and attached to a task created via CD.

At status testing TOC gets created and changes moved to Q system.

While the testing is in process, if another user modifies the same Role A(Version 2) in D system and saves it and didnt attach the role to any Task.

(As for PFCG role modifications at the time of changes it wont ask for Transport request/task mandatorily)

Once testing is completed and changes moves to P through the CD, version2 is getting imported to Q and P instead of Version1.

Is there any setting missing here?

Ideally at the time of release of task what ever the role content(generated profile for the Security role) exists that should move to P instead of current content from D system.

Any one facing similar issue in your projects?

Kindly suggest your views here.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

I am afraid this is standard behavior. I have faced the same issue with normal changes. You test version 1 via a ToC in QAS. In DEV your transport remains open until your change is ready for import in production. However the object in your transport, in this case the PFCG user role is not locked for editing. This means that someone can add additional authorization objects which will lateron forwarded to production via your transport.

With customizing transports your will have different tasks assigned to a transport, so for these cases it is not a problem. Also CSOL can help in these scenario's to inform the user the customizing is locked.

I would suggest to use urgent changes for PFCG user roles, to avoid new updates (authorization objects) in production which havent been tested yet.

Update:

I found this note: 1901007 - Does CSOL support locking for transaction PFCG? - Solution Manager

Message was edited by: Wouter Huiberts

Message was edited by: Wouter Huiberts

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Vijay,

A transport - be it TOC, Customizing or Workbench never contains the object itself. It only contains a pointer to that object.

When you export then the latest active version (if repository object)is taken and exported.

The idea that you could export an earlier version of an object that is not the active version goes completely against keeping your downstream systems in sync with your development.

If you want to export a previous version of an object then you have toretrieve that object (version) via version management - make it thenew active version and then export it.

Please keep in mind that the object only gets exported when yourelease the main request as well. If you release the task, the"pointer" to the object only gets released to the main transport.

Regards,

Arun Raj.

Louis-Nicolas
Participant
0 Kudos

have you checked and implemented the notes 1900560 - CSOL: Enhanced Transport Organizer Integration ???