cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time taken to access tables in HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to know how much time was occupied in accessing  and which application is calling those tables in HANA by any particular job?

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to do a little search first, before posting such general questions.

Yes, it is possible to find the access times for tables/columns and with some work you might be able to link it back to a client application (on a case by case basis).

- Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lars,

Thank you for posting such an answer.

However I feel a question is a question, doesnt matter if its a general question or a specific question.

To some who are highly experienced, it may seem a general question, but for guys like me, its another question.

I did my own research and am still doing so (with replying to your post ) , but I would be really grateful if I could get some help.

Atleast thats what we all come here for

Regards,

Vinay

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're right that everyone around here has different levels of experience and that the forums are there in the first place to ask questions and discuss ideas.

To make this more doable for everybody participating in it - and that includes the people that try to answer questions - the set the expectation that everybody does her or his part of research and shows that.

General questions as the one you posted often don't actually address general topics but actually have very specific questions carried within that should be answered.

Just as you did not want to know whether or not there is an option to find the data access time, but instead you really want get an explanation how to do that.

Searching SCN for "HANA" + "Performance analysis" would probably be a good start to find information on that topic. Such a search will also bring up the performance analysis and tuning guide for SAP HANA which is part of the official documentation.

And that's what I proposed that you may do: search SCN, read the documentation.

There's already a lot of information available.

I am pretty sure that after digesting this information first your question will not be answered - but you maybe will come back with different (more specific) questions.

And that's the kind of question that I'd say can be really interesting.

That's where I am likely to engage and look into it.

That's what I come here for.

The interesting questions.

- Lars