cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport not showing after import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've got a weird error never happened to me before,  I created a transport in my Dev system and imported it into my QA system and it shows successful and my cache is green as well but when I check on the Design Objects there is nothing, it only happens with the 1 namespace.  I then went and deleted the data and the Namespace from the SWCV and the try and reimport it but still nothing.

I've even exported the entire SWCV with all my namespaces and data within it and it still does not import the specific namespace and data I want.

Please help.

Regards,

CJ Bester

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried Clearing all the Cache components did not work, I tried the dummy change did not work.  I had no conflicts on my system.

However I did resolve the issue by deleting the entire SWCV and then reimporting it into QA, after that everything was there and in working condition.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Kind regards,

CJ Bester

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bester,

maybe you are having a version conflict because this object was modified once in the target system. It's pretty unlikely if you are having the problem with a namespace, but maybe this helps.

I think you can see this when checking the Product / Software Component in the target system. It should say "Version Conflict" somwhere, and there is procedure where you can decide if you want to keep the manual edited version, or the imported version. You want to pick the imported version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bester,

I guess you are facing Namespace Conflict problem. You can try this below.

1.Goto QAS System, Find option, enter Namespace name which your objects lying in Dev.

2. You will get list all objects under it which you are imported successfully in Qas. Delete them from QAS, also delete Namespace from QAS and activate them from QAS.

3. Goto Dev, export as usual along with check option Namespace and SWC .

4. Try to import in QAS. then you get your objects in Qas.

Regards,

Nagesh

sukhsimran_singh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bester,

It can be cache issue. Please refresh your cache through all possible means.

1.)Clear SLD Cache in ESR and ID

2.) SXI_CACHE in SAP LOGON

3.) Full cache refresh (delta refresh)

http://<hostname>:port/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

please perform these step and let me know if these are helpful. This can be one of the possible reason, if the problem still persist please let me know.

Thanks !!

Sukhsimran Singh

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bester,

Compare SWCV of Dev and QA (open both ESR and keep them side by side). The namespace you are referring may be missing in QA.

If it is missing.

You can create the missing namespace in QA SWCV. OR

Transport the namespace definition from Dev to QA.

Then missing object will appear under this namespace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CJ,

Can you see if there is any object in conflict?

Regards,

Sriram

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello CJ,

Can you try to carry out a dummy change in the namespace in the source system, just create an extra space in the description field, then save and activate the change. Once this has been done try to transport this object once more.

Regards

Eoin