cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bi platform 4.2 prune input and output

former_member226304
Participant
0 Kudos

How do you prune the input and output directories in the bi platform 4.2?

i have found old directions on how to do it via the CCM but since this only holds the SIA now it doesn't seem like i can add the -prune command there?

should we use other tools or is there still some place to add this command?

thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to run the FILESERVER.EXE command from the C:\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64> dir.

Open DOS prompt and switch to the C:\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64> directory, run command below (the slash is MUST be reverse).

fileserver -rootdir "C:/SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/FileStore/Input/" -prune -fg

Regards,

Ajay

0 Kudos

hello Ajay Gupta (@ajay.gupta11) do i need to stop input and output file store in order to perform "purne" further if you have docs for linux file system can you please share that (or command).

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sikandar,

Please use repository "Repository Diagnostic Tool" for clean-up and sync activity in SAP Business Objects application.

For more details please refer below link and SAP KBA.

How to use Repository Diagnostic Tool (reposcan)
http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=143065487

Repository Diagnostic Tool (RepoScan)
http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=363201378

1267338 - How to use Repository Diagnostic Tool (reposcan)

2521284 - Repository Diagnostic Tool (aka reposcan) SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BI) 4.x/3.x ****MASTER KBA****

1475550 - HOWTO: How to delete empty directories in the input or output file repositories on XI 3.x ...

Regards,

Daya Jha

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sikandar,

All the servers must be running, especially CMS & FRS in order to run the command. The command need to confirm pointer wiithin the CMS & FRS.

Regards,

Ajay Gupta

0 Kudos

Thank you for you reply. Is this the only way to perform hosekeeping on FRS ?

is there a SAP recommeded note about this

former_member226304
Participant
0 Kudos

sorry... i should say bi platform 4.1 sp2