Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Goods

loganathan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

During Free goods,is it possible to have two different G/L for COGS during delivery.

Say for

Main Item - 1000

Sub Item -   2000

Kindly suggest me in this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For delivery you'll have to make different movement type for free goods or different valuation class for free good material. You know account determination at the time of PGI comes from OBYC not from VKOA. You have to go with these two options I have shared.

Thank$

loganathan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam,

At the outset,i would like to thank you for replying and Regret for the delay in reply.

With respect to the different movement type,my existing movement type is 601 and in OBYC, i have a combination under Transaction key GBB with VAX-G/L account.If i create my required movement then how it will hit the required G/L account as VAX general modification was already used.

In this case,i have to create new general modification?

Kindly suggest me in this juncture.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

To have different GL you need to have different modifier as modifiers are assigned to movement type in OMJJ.

MM consultant can help you in it.

ATP

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loganath,

As suggested by   already,

The best option here will be to use a different valuation class, with the required GL account assignments, for free goods. it will be the straight forward logic.

Regards

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Different Valuation class could be a risk as there is possibility that business may sale same goods independently.

It is up to the business requirement....

ATP

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, Ie correct, if you use those material for normal sales.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I hope your query has already been answered. Please test this, put some efforts and update your findings.

Thank$

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

loganathan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you some much.

I went with new movement type for this issue.

I have created new modifier and based one new movement type,i have got the required G/L account.

I have used OMJJ and OBYC for this issue.

Thanks a lot

loganathan_p3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank for your kind suggest.

I will try thing and come back with my result.

I think my client requirement will suit with new movement type based acc determination.

Thanks you so much for your suggest at this juncture