cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Number Range

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a question, in fact, i have 6 types of Maintenance Order (3 preventive & 3 corrective) and the same for the notification types.

Preventive maintenance ===============================================

Preventive Maintenance order   <=>  Preventive maintenance notification (Automatically generated at release)

Preventive Metrology order   <=>  Preventive Metrology notification (Automatically generated at release)

Preventive General services order   <=>  Preventive General services notification (Automatically generated at release)

Curative Maintenance     ==============================================

Curative Maintenance order   <=>  Breakdown maintenance notification

Curative Metrology order   <=>  Breakdown Metrology notification

Curative General services order   <=>  Breakdown General services notification

Is it good to create a number range for each type of order for the same type (Exemple : Preventive & Curative maintenance order ==> 500000 -599999) or a one number range is enough ? the same question for the notification type ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tajinder_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It is always better to have 2 separate number ranges for preventive and breakdown orders. So just by looking at an order number anybody can tell whether it is a preventive or a breakdown order. Else this would create a lot of confusion. This would also be helpful while you pull out different reports.

So, I would suggest have 2 separate number ranges one for preventive maintenance and one for curative maintenance.

Similarly you can have 2 separate number ranges for notifications as well.

Thanks,

Tajinder

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's nothing stopping you from using different number ranges but my take on this is that 'do you really need to segregate orders through order numbers?' I could understand if you had maintenance vs project orders, etc. but for  Corrective vs Preventive you can easily do that by just looking at the order type. From a reporting point of view again use the Order Type to differentiate Corrective vs Preventive.

Regards,

Khayyam

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

If you have different type of notification / maintenance order, its good to be using different number range. This will benefit reporting and identification for users.

Regards

Terence