Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure printing from SAP with XEROX PHASER 3635MFP

peter_amant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to print a list from SAP using secure printing on a XEROX PHASER 3635MFP. I use output device LOCL.

When I print a document from Windows, e.g. an Outlook message or a Word document, the secure printing is working fine. I have to enter a pin code on the printer before the document comes out. However when printing from SAP, there is no way to enable this secure printing... at least not that I know of.

I already downloaded and installed the SAP Device Types for XEROX printers and tried several of them. The Device Class of the output device is Standard printer. Access method is F: Printing on Front End Computer with host printer __DEFAULT. When available I switch on User Authentication in the Print Options. Regardless of the settings, secure printing does not seem to work.

All advice is more than welcome...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

enabling the "User Authentication" under the "Print Options" tab is the first step to use the PIN code for printing.

When the "User Authentication" is enabled in transaction SPAD, that just means that this option will be available for modification in the R/3 printer popup - so you have to enter the PIN code in this printer popup before each printout from R/3.

Here is an example:

• Transaction SMARTFORMS
  • Enter Form SF_EXAMPLE_01 (or any other Form you would like to test - I just mention this Form because it is a SAP standard object), and press the "Test" button
  • Press the "Test" button again
  • Press the "Execute" button
  • Now the R/3 printer popup appears. Enter the name of the Output Device which uses the Xerox Device Type with "User Authentication" enabled, and press Enter
  • After you have pressed Enter, an additional button with the name "Additional options" appeared in the R/3 printer popup. Press this button
  • In the new screen double-click on "User Authentication"
  • In the appearing field enter the PIN code.

Now when you print this spool request, the PIN code will be sent along with the spool, which needs to be entered at the printer.

Also: for front-end printing only Access Method G should be used. I'm not sure whether Access Method F can handle such authentication data. The Access Methods do not modify the content of the spool requests so this should not be an issue, however, Access Method F is outdated and isn't developed anymore, so only Access Method G should be used for front-end printing.

Best regards,

Laszlo