Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editor to enhance SAP UI5 fiori wave 7 applications

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to customize fiori application. I have checked few blogs and the link which states that SAP Fiori Toolkit is deprecated and to use SAP Web IDE. I do have few queries here. Is SAP web IDE the only tool available  to enhance existing fiori applications ? Is there some guide which describes the steps to do so with local installation of SAP Web IDE or some other tool?

I have referred How to Extend the SAP FIORI app HCM Timesheet A... | SCN but how to install local version of SAP Web IDE ?

I have referred but its shows trial version . Does SAP Web IDE require additional license cost for usage? Any inputs 

Regards,

Navya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For extending Fiori apps,

You can either use the Web IDE or manually code your component.js and extensions. But Web IDE creates a skeleton for you to build upon and makes life a little easy. (not much )

Web IDE has additional licensing costs. It is offered on cloud for productive usage. Check here for licencing costs.

But SAP also offers it on the Trial Cloud account as well as trial on premise version if you want to check before you buy.

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your prompt response Is there some other editor to enhance fiori apps? I had read few blogs which stated usage of eclipse Luna /Kepler  and importing plugins. Using that can we still enhance fiori apps? Is there any other option other than SAP Web IDE?

Any how to guide that might help?

Regards,

Navya

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can enhance without using WebIDE as well. You would type your code in Component.js, extension points, extention view etc.

As an example see SAP Note 2118812. It has a Cookbook which explains how to extend MyInbox app. It is app specific, but gives you an idea on how to approach without using WebIDE.

Answers (0)