cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe ontop of 3 Bex Analyzer queries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to SAP BI, I would like to know how to create the universe using multiple bex queries ( In my case i have 3)

pls provide step by step guide

Thank you

Message was edited by: Henry Banks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for direct connection to BEx queries, in BI4.x you create an OLAP connection via the IDT (As referenced above). FYI -  in BI4.x there is no longer the need to create an OLAP Universe (which was the case with the older XI3.1 process, in Universe Desiger) 

BTW - There is the concept of "multi-source universe" but this is for SQL (relational) access only direct to infoproviders (Cubes). So server-side federation won't apply to your BEx sources.

Therefore you might be obliged to merge your dataproviders in Webi at the document level. Note that you can also do this in Analysis tools (office and web). Alternatively, you bring 3 cubes into a BW multiprovider and Bex query once over the top. (arguably, this will bring best report performance)

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Henry

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is only two option available :

1. Create a multiprovider and call all three info-providers into it to create a single query.

2. Call all three query's into the WebI directly using BICS and use merge dimensions for common objects and use them for reporting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you suman, currently we are working on the first option you mentioned

former_member197037
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following guide should help you:

Regards,

Nagendra

Former Member
0 Kudos