cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM-Certificates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM Superiors,

I want to clear my confusions regarding QM certificates.

If i want to implement QM-certificates in a manufacturing industry then what are the steps to perform..?

Can i store the incoming, in-process and outgoing certificates in SAP..? if yes, then in which format..?

Please help for the same

Regards,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your questions are very nicely answered by Arijit and nothing more can be said.

One thing I'd like to add (which he either missed to write or I missed to read ), that you can also store and attach the Vendor Test certificates into the system and link with inspection lot.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for the suggestion

The scenario is, A vendor sends the raw material with certificates, after receiving the customer checks the material against the vendor certificate and keep it in a stock. After a week, they do some other physical checks of the material before issuing it to the production.

As per my knowledge after goods receipt RR and UD is done and stock is moved to unrestricted stock but here they do two QC check.. so how to map this process in SAP..?

Regards,

Santosh

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There could be two ways to map this,

1. For the first check, do the RR and UD but do not release the stock out of QI or, Post it to block stock. After the second check is over, take the stock out of QI or if posted to block, shift it to unrestricted (or QI again by activating 08 inspection type. Then later, post it respective location)
  2. Activate GI inspection (Type 02) but this might not be so useful since it doesn't have stock control and you'd also need to take further steps to reverse or something else.

I would have gone with first option and keep the material in QI itself for a week, if there is nothing more to consider in the scenario.

ntn

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor

Hi Santosh,

Your question is open-ended and it depends a lot on how your business is working. Typically I understand that you will need to activate "QM in Procurement" and "QM in Production". I believe there are many knowledge documents available to help you with basic understanding and build your SAP QC.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9002247f-4b7f-2c10-10ac-c6fe29807...

Nevertheless, I will like to add some process level inputs to help you understand the complexity involved in the overall process.

A) In-coming QC - Normally this is linked to external certificate processing. You need to check with business how they are doing it. Are they creating the inspection lots of insp type "01" and process these lots? Are they using these inspection results in the CoA to be send to customer? Or you are just receiving External QC in QC22 and that's it? During MIGO, do you accept QC as "Yes" or "No"? Are you going to create QC per item or QC for each material document?.. etc

B) In-Process Inspection QC & Final Inspection QC - Based on my understanding, normally in-process inspection alone do not create an independent CoA (Certificate of analysis) for customer. These test results are clubbed with Final Inspection to generate a QC to customer. At times, customer can ask only for final Inspection QC and/or CoC (certificate of conformity) to justify that there was a process compliance. Please note that CoC is a kind of declaration form the manufacturer that the management and/or testing process adopted to test and certify the output quality is compliant with so & so standards (ISO, DIN, etc).

C) Outgoing QC - This is again something your business must confirm what details they wish to have. Do they want only Final Inspection MIC results, or they wish to include in-process MIC results, or both and on top of that they wish to copy some specific MIC (like country of origin, etc) results form components in the Final QC. Do they wish to have any additional declarations on and above CoC, if required. Once these details are sorted out, you need to check with business if they need to get QC as Ad-hock or QC linked to deliveries printed through output types, or manually?

D)  Manual QC for Customer - This is mostly the common ways of communicating inspection results to vendors, where there are lots of variable needed to be printed with business cases, specific needs, confidentiality & statutory reporting, etc. In case you may come across the term called "Certificate of Manufacturer", which is similar to CoC which may include some additional declaration for legal and statutory authorities. Please can you double check if there is anything specific of this sort required for your business.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijith,

Thanks for your valuable inputs, it will help me a lot.