Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of service calculation excluding Unpaid Days

yusuffhcm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Currently working in Saudi Payroll implementation, Client wants to use only the service days and deduct the unpaid absence for the End of Service(EOS) Settlement when the employee resigned or terminated by the company.

SAP BADI is available to deduct the the unpaid absences.

How do we capture the unpaid absence which used by the employee in the previous years, say 01.01.2010 to 15.01.2010 as 15 days in the settlement calculation.

Thanks in advance for your valuable inputs.

Yusuff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yusuffhcm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar / Remi / Sravan,

BADI PAYSA_PAYROLL_GET is for Saudi to exclude the unpaid days for the calculation for Settlement.

Is it advisable to modify the above BADI provided by SAP to pick the old unpaid days from an Custom Infotype (where I can maintain number of unpaid days taken by the employee before SAP implementation). Or please help me out to write a PCR for the same.

Need your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Yusuff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yusuff,

You can do with badi implementation.  We have done for one of the client to calculate service for almost similar requirement.

Rgrds,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yusuff,

Implement Badi HRPAYME_SERVICE_DURATION as per your requirement to change the service days for calculating EOS.

Hope it helps.

Rgrds,

Sravan

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also use PCR

NUM=FXXX

pass it to a wage type which will have number of days for years of service

NUM-XXXX  This wage type will have the cumulation of unpaid days

or else you can go ahead with the BADI as suggested by Sravan.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On what basis is the "Settlement Calculation" done?

You could create a Quota (valid from hire date until the end of time) that would increase with each Unpaid Absence, or one that would increase for each Attendance or Paid Absence.  On the termination day, you could query the value of the Quota, add "today's" value and use the sum in the Settlement Calculation.

yusuffhcm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

Thanks for reply, Settlement is done as per the Saudi Labor Law, running resignation action and payroll run for the employee at the time of resignation, system removes unpaid days from the calculation.

My query is how to capture the unpaid days taken by the employee some years back, say some 100 days from date of joining.

Thanks again.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yusuff,

Your two paragraph is conflicting.Kindly explain underline sentence.

{Settlement is done as per the Saudi Labor Law, running resignation action and payroll run for the employee at the time of resignation, system removes unpaid days from the calculation.

My query is how to capture the unpaid days taken by the employee some years back, say some 100 days from date of joining.}

Could you explain with example then would be clear to me and can provide some idea. My question is at the time of Full & Final payroll run why are taking some year back unpaid days or you would like to remove unpaid days on that payroll period on which employee is leaving the organization.

Regards,

Sankarsan

yusuffhcm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

Thanks, here is the example,

Employee joined on 01.01.2009, takes unpaid leaves of 50 days between his hiring date to 31.12.2015. SAP implemented on 01.01.2016,  takes unpaid leaves of 40 days between 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2017. Employee resigned on 01.01.2018 At the time of full and final settlement system calculates only service days and excluding unpaid days of 40 days. It should actually exclude 90 days from the calculation.

How to exclude another 50 unpaid days which used by the employee when SAP was not implemented. I tried to create unpaid days the previous years, but not excluding the unpaid days.

I hope this gives some clarity.

Yusuff

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.

In a simple you would like to calculate like this =(366+365) days-40 days [here366days for 01.01.2016 to 31.12.2016 & 365days for 01.01.2017 & 31.12.2017].

But what about the service days before SAP implementation. How you are calculating service days?

Are you using Date specification infotype for this?

Regards,

Sankarsan

yusuffhcm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes,

Using date specification for the hiring date. Calculating based on 360 days.

Thanks

Yusuff

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could use IT0041 to record the Hire Date (01), and use an other Date Type(XX) to record the "Adjusted Hire Date" to reflect all the unpaid absences before Go-Live.

Then, in your End of Service calculation, you would first look if Date Type XX exists, and if so calculate based on that date, but if it doesn't, calculate according to Date Type 01.