cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapmake_util, par2sda, ear to sda confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been wrestling with the sapmake_util package for a few days now and have several questions.

My ultimate goal is to create a SCA containing several PAR, SDA, and EAR files representing portal application/service projects, dictionary projects, and web dynpro projects built within NWDS that can be deployed successfully via JSPM. I am not using NWDI, I am using sapmake_util (see tech note #696084).

The help article regarding the creation of SDA and SCA files shows the path a PAR file takes through a combination of archives as: PAR -> EAR -> SDA -> SCA.

It goes on to note that:

The following conversions are possible:

· PAR to EAR

· EPA to SDA

· EAR to SDA

· SDA to SCA

Which clearly makes it possible to combine a PAR file as illustrated in the graphic.

However, sapmake_util does not include a command to perform this combination. My current attempt is to use par2sda which gives me an EAR file "that is in SDA format."

I've read several posts which seem to confirm that the EAR file is indeed a SDA and needs no conversion to an actual SDA file (which, I can only assume, is why there is no ear2sda command provided in the sapmake_util package). Why then, does the help article specifically state that:

The following conversions are possible:

· PAR to EAR

· EPA to SDA

·

EAR to SDA

· SDA to SCA

???

So, is an EAR actually a SDA? Can someone please get this story straight?

Thanks!

Kris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

An EAR is a SCA.