cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Table Index require for performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team ,

As per our ABAP team ,do some indexing  on MSEG,BARA tables.

These table is very slow , Please suggest me on BASIS point of view.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I have a deja vu. did you already asked this?

did I not replied?

was that post deleted?

pooja sharma wrote:

Dear Team ,

As per our ABAP team ,do some indexing  on MSEG,BARA tables.

These table is very slow , Please suggest me on BASIS point of view.

Regards

OK,

lets start indicating that a table is not slow, a table contains data, what might be slow is how YOU access that data.

But you do not provide any information about that. So you

1) are trying us to do YOUR JOB (or YOUR ABAP TEAM JOB) which is not nice. It would be nice that you do some work and then you might try to get it validated ot some help with it.

2) provide absolutely no information, therefore you are not only not doing your job, you want us to GUESS what the problem is.

3)  imply that the database is the problem (as you are posting on the database forum) are you sure the issue is DB and not application?

So

1) if something is slow, can you provide a profile of that? (even an ST12 trace)

2) can you provide the ABAP code (is it standard SAP or your code?)

3) can you provide the SQL Sentence, access path chosen by oracle, KPI figures?

4) can you provide detais of the tables and indexes of those tables?

and before you do put that information there, can you look at it and try yourself?

Regards

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

I do confirm, almost the same question, same OP, but it looks like the original thread has gone.

As you said still not enough information to get an answer... it really looks like a "please do my work" question.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanna ask a question. Did abap team create the index while user were using tables/t-codes..? If yes, I think lots of users call you for performans problems.

First suggest, you have performans problem after creating index, index is wrong or wrong order. Also you have to check sql s while executing on table, you can check index usage.If all sql usage new index you can say to abap team for correct to abap code.

Second suggest, you can use parallelism for sequential read for mseg.

Third suggest, you an use parallelism for the index.

And last you can reorg table (MSEG) or collect new statistic for MSEG from DB20.

Regards,

O.K.

0 Kudos

Hi Pooja.

Performance tuning isn't an easy task. It requires deep and long analyze. If you would post at least the corresponding SQl statement and which index (if any) is used currently. Maybe we can show you some orientation.

Regards,

János

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

It's general query in SAP world as well as on SCN,you could find lots of documents & SAP KBA's on SAP Indexing just by googling for the topic.

I can check previous same query from your end on the indexing has already been rejected by SCN Moderators.

So i suggest you to search it first on SCN/SMP. Apologies this time !!

Regards,

Gaurav