cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPDD: Proposal corresponds to current version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In SPDD, without modifications and enhancements section, we have a table field in Yellow. On clicking the yellow button, it says

Proposal corresponds to current version

There is option for accept proposal or just go back. In either case, I get the pop up saying

The adjustment proposal matches the current version of the table.Do you want to reset the table to its original version?

Can you please guide me if I should click YES and reset the table to original. Or it should be a No since proposal and current version matches,. on clicking no however keeps the line in yellow only.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

What this means is that the "modified" structure of the table in your old source release is now the same as the SAP Standard Structure for the table in your target release and as such it wants to know if you wish to revert to the SAP Standard.

Doing so will mean there is no longer a modification for the table as it is now SAP Standard and will no longer be reflected in SPDD, the table structure will not change simply the modification in SPDD will no longer exist.

The SAP Recommendation is that you reset to the SAP Standard once you are happy they are the same. What is very important is that your bind the SPDD and SPAU transport requests to the upgrade, importing transports into the Shadow instance directly can result in issues with the Modifications reflected.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

SAP Active Global Support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neil.. I have one more doubt though. For one table SPDD said Proposal corresponds to current version and a version compare between active and mod version gave no differenece and I could go ahead and reset it to original....

However there is another case where SPDD says Proposal corresponds to current version..but if I do a version compare between the active and Mod version of that structure , I find multiple changes as part of SAP suggestion and not existing as current version.

In this case also, should it be a Reset to Original. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Could you clarify the differances it refers to.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

SAP Active Global Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition of new fields and change in position of existing fields..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

If the SAP Standard is only "adding" fields and not removing, renaming or otherwise modifying the fields I would revert to original, the additional fields should be not have a "Not Null" contstraint and will not cause any issues, the change in order should not cause an issue as a typical insert statement still provides the column name for the value as below and this is independent of the logical table structure in the underlying database which reorders the statement if it is differnet to the logical table structure.

In the case of a Z program which references the old columns and not the new ones, if they do not have a not null constraint they will simply be left Null (Empty). If you need definite confimation you should log an incident with SAP in BC-UPG component.

Thanks

Neil Ryan

SAP Active Global Support.

Example SQL Insert Statement

INSERT INTO Customers (CustomerName, ContactName, Address, City, PostalCode, Country)

VALUES ('Cardinal','Tom B. Erichsen','Skagen 21','Stavanger','4006','Norway');

Answers (0)