cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic interface determination or receiver determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

have a question regarding receiver/interface determination. We have a scenario where different types of idols ( for eg ORDERS05, WMMBXY etc) comes from a partner via Seeburgre AS2 connection. Our concern is , since the data that's coming are different, we are unable to decide how to identify what type of idoc is coming. Pls note we have one as2 agreement for all the types of data.

the requirement is if the data coming is ORDERS05 then it should be mapped with orders05 idoc and if it's WMMBXY then it should be mapped with WMMBXY IDOC..

can somebody help

thanks in advance

bobby bal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

If your PI version is 7.1 and above you can use Multiple operations in Single Service Interface option.

For a single interface you can assign multiple structures and depends on the incoming structure the corresponding mapping will be executed.

please check the below threads.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-35748

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/04/03/setup-multiple-operations-scenari...

http://scn.sap.com/people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/31/using-service-interfaces-now-reuse-one

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

Thanks a lot. We have created it based on the threads provided by you. And it worked !!!!!!

Thanks a million.

Thanks to all others who contributed.

Regards : Bobby Bal / +91-9819551461

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bobby

First of all, welcome to SCN.

Hope you have read the . Please avoid creating duplicate threads with the same content as you have with the following thread below. This is cross posting and goes against the ROE.

Now back to your question.

Another approach you can consider is to use multiple operations in the sender service interface. This approach is applicable for any interface with just one sender agreement, irrespective of the sender comm channel type, i.e. can be used for SOAP, AS2, File/FTP.

The prerequisite for this approach is that the source content is XML and the different message types have a different root element (you cannot save and activate a service interface with multiple operation having same root element.) For your case it would work because the different source IDoc have different root, i.e. <ORDERS05> or <WMMBXY>

The advantage of this approach is that you do not need to specify additional Xpath conditions at the receiver determination or interface determination step. The runtime engine automatically checks the root element of a message against the different operations of the service interface to determine which should be used.

To achieve this, here are the key areas you need to take note of:

1) Add one operation (to the sender service interface) for each IDoc type you are expecting to receive from your partner. i.e. one for ORDERS, one for WMMBXY

2) Use non specific operation in Receiver Determination

3) At interface determination, use operation-speficic setting, and for each operation, choose the relevant Operation Mapping for that source IDoc type.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

Thanks for all the responses. I have tried the option suggested by Azhar before raising the question.
We have a single Sender agreement ( and do not want to have multipe). The problem was that, since the Interface was dynamic (sometimes WMMBXY, sometimes ORDERS), we have used "DUMMY" as the interface in the agreement. Due to which, we could not use the extended receiver determination,(havent tried the Xpath option though).

Now we have requested the partner to send the data as a file using AS2, with the IDOC type as file name. We are now able to do extended receiver determination using DTAS2filename parameter.

Thank you all for the responses. Will get back to you if I have any more queries regarding the same.

PS : Dear Eng Swee : That was a mistake, when i raised it using my IPAD, it gave me a message the your discussion was not posted succesfully. So I recovered the message and posted again.

Thanks & Have a good day

Regards : Bobby Bal / +91-9819551461

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Are you getting IDOC XML or flat file form B2B partner via Seeburger AS2? Or you are receiving the EDI file?

In case of IDOC XML/flat the as2 adapter will not able to identify the type of data/message. and there are multiple ways to achieve this

1) Sender B2B partner send the message with message subject - in this you can have multiple sender as2 channel (and multiple ICO/sender agreement) and easily route to target message type/IDOC.

2) There is no message subject - then you will have one sender communication channel. Then you need to differentiat the different messages in interface determination (details are provided by Azhar in above comments).

Hope it help

Harish

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bobby,

I believe you are having Single Sender Agreement with multiple Message Types in it.

Is the Receiver System Single or multiple ?

If you are sending all the Messages to Single Receiver system, then you need to have conditions in Interface Determination (inorder to pick correct Mappings for the respective Message types)...

Interface Determination with Multiple Inbound Interfaces - SAP XI: Design and Configuration Time - S...

If you are sending Messages to Different Receivers then you need to go in for Receiver Determination.

Xpath Condition in Receiver Determination - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Hope this helps

Regards,

Azhar