cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface between Lotus Domino and SAP- Very Urgent please!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I got a scenario, where there is a compy recruiting website, running on third party software(Lotus Domino) which needs to be integrated with the SAP system.

In case, anyone has some idea,please inform me. The only thing is it is an SAP R/3 4.6C system.

No WAS!

Regards,

Bharat

Message was edited by:

Bharat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check it whether from the Third party software which needs to be integrated with the SAP system can give out put as Txt file.. If so with the help of Function Module you can upload into the system and also with the help of other tool also we can convert the file into IDOC structure and post it.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Doss,

Thank you. Now after we get text file, we upload it to SAP. That is fine for inbound, but how can we do again for outbound......

how do we synchronize all these ......

I mean data updated in website should get updated in R/3 and vice versa...

Regards,

Bharat

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Outbound,, Check it out how the third party can accept the data.. From SAP as txt or XML file we can drop it any folder.. from there make the Third party to Pick it up.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

As of what I understand , we prepare a txt file or XML file and then place it on the application server.

Then the third party can read it in and process.

When they want to send it they drop a txt or XML and we can process it inbound with IDOCs and commit to database i.e. relevant infotypes.

If this is what you meant , I would like to know how efficient is this process in production environments.

But then, in fact this is a good solution.

Regards

Bharat

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

If the Scenerio is Like that we have to go ahead and I have come acrossed this kind of Scenerio. Let me know any clarifications.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right Doss,

Thats good, as of now. Actually I need to do this with R/3 Recruitment. Will get back to our after our discussions,conclusions regarding the interfaces,in our company.

but then, thanks a lot as of now .

I give some more points but not close this thread.

Regards,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am pretty much wondered why SOAP did not come into picture.

Generate a WSDL and use SOAP on the external one and IDOC or RFC on the SAP side.

Thanks,

-Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Can you elaborate on this one.

Regards,

Bharat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharat,

There are several ways you can run in XI, but in your situation first findout form the third party that what software they are using,form which they will send the data to SAP... and based on that you can decide...

Firstly that product should be certifined by SAP XI....that it will work with XI...

then there are several ways like flat file, XML file, WSDL etc form which they can send the data to SAP XI and rest it follows...but first and most important thing is what third party software the vendor is using along with the security restricutions the vendor as while receiving the data(important when you send the data)... this you need to have before desinging the interface...

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amaresh,

thanks for your advice. can you pass me any interface design you have done with R/3 HR module (incase) or anything else, just to get an idea.

will post again once I come to know the exact software used.

Regards,

Bharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I got to know third party, it is Lotus Domino.

Can anyone guide me now.

Regards,

Bharat