Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR in Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this error when executing the WF

I am developing in TWE 2.1.1 on Sourcing 9.0.15

java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.odp.workflow.xpdl.FinishMode.getManual() of a null object returned from com.sap.odp.workflow.xpdl.Activity.getFinishMode()

at com.sap.odp.workflow.engine.handlers.PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.processActivity(PhaseChangeInstantiationRequestHandler.java:352)

Any pointers will be appriciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

This error comes when there is no instance created for Business object or class. Can you go and check from backend with workflow log whether instance is created properly by looking at container ?

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh.

I also thought the same. But I can see the workflow process for the contract document for which I initiated the WF.

I can see that in Workfloe Definition -> Reports -> current processes.

Lets assume the problem is with instance of business object. Can you guide/ any pointers towards solving this ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

So you need to go to the workflow log ( SWIA ) , and then click technical log and see the container vaolues whether instance is created or not. If not created , you might be missing some binding from the event or missing step instance creation in your worklflow. The BOR object or class must be initiated if you user a method refereced by BOR/CLass itself.

Please share the workflow log and i shall analyse more.

Thanks

Rakesh