cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB50 - Account assignment derivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am looking for an user-exits or any enhancement options available for deriving Account assignment automatically instead of doing by going to Profitablility segment screen and clicking on 'Derive' button.

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh DS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbanna,

The standard OKB9 is based on account assignment of Cost Center or Internal Order by Business Area or Profit Center or Valuation Area. It may not work for automatically generated line items even if you set the flag on field PrfSeg to automatically consider COPA for automatic account assignments.

You can write a substitution for user exit RGGBS000 to get the result you want. Create a client dependent ztable for OKB9 with bukrs, kstar, gsber, prctr and kostl fields as per your requirement for fetching the data. Write necessary code for fetching these data. You may also consider to call FM  COPA_PROFITABILITY_SEGMENT if required.

Refer these notes:

32654 High level automatic account assignments.

105024 Default account assignment from OKB9 is not used

371517 OKB9 not executable despite current settings

Let me know what is happening.

Regards,

Unnivelan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbanna,

Did you try to enter the account(s) in trans. OKB9 and tick the "PrfSeg" checkbox (TKA3A-BSSUBST)? This should derive and fill the profitability segment automatically.

Make sure you read the long text to this field - SAP does not propose using it on manual postings. Also, you need to take care that all necessary fields (characteristics or sources for their derivation) are filled in the document before posting. However, if users do not want to make the extra click (which I fully understand), then this could be an easy way out - without any complicated development.

For completeness - if you want to change (derive) the contents of certain characteristics, then you can define it in trans. KEDR (SPRO: Controlling - Profitability analysis - Master data - Define characteristics derivation). But I suppose this was not your question.

Let me know if you still have questions. Good luck!