cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc (edidc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Good day,i am new to xi .while i am doing file to idoc and idoc to file i dealed with EDIDC (i mean disabled EDIDC),could anyone explain what is tghis edidc and why we disabling this one ..please explain me in brief..your inputs can give me some push to my knowledge..

regards

joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you see this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh..,

EDIDC is idoc Control record , When idoc is populated in R3 system the control record holds the data regarding Idoc Number,Status of Idoc,Idoc Type,Direction of Idoc,Partner Type of reciever,Partner Numer .., etc.

When we are doing the scenarios like File2Idoc we would disable the EDIDC segment.Because we didn't populate & mapped the above said feilds details.An idoc adapter, direction is Receiver & these channel settings are determines the control record field values while populating an idoc.

Hope this will give the idea on this.

Note : Pls give the points for needfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi woods,

ithanks for your valuable input,but <b> "An idoc adapter, direction is Receiver & these channel settings are determines the control record field values while populating an idoc.</b>" please can u give detailed explantion on this ..sorry for troubleing again.

regardsnitesh

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitesh,

EDIDC is the control segment of an idoc..

SAP uses Idoc communication --- and the EDIDC segment is equivalent to the envelope containing address .. and the EDIDD is equivalent to the actual letter within the envelop..

SO EDIDC contains source and taget sysment identification.. like partner number / port etc...

>>><i>why we disabling this one</i>

Now the Reason you are disabling this in the mapping is that the Idoc adapter will populte that for you. In the adapter you have an optionlike "Apply control record from Payload" .. your case this is disabled i guess...

Thanks,

Himadri