cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ME BOBJ Reporting Timestamps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone had any experience converting transactional data in SAP ME from GMT to local user time?  Are there best practices for this?  We are using BOBJ 4.1 currently.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul

I have assisted customers with this.

The main best practice is not to report from WIP but ODS and in ODS schema, the summary tables can, via ODS Rule Maintenance, be summarised by local time. But these summary tables may not give you all your reporting needs, which is understandable, but you should report on the WIP database with great care.

In this case, it's fairly easy to add or subtract hours using the database's internal functions - this should be done both from the user input (local to UTC) and displayed output (UTC back to local). It does get trickier to allow for daylight saving time adjustment however.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have multiple sites which are on different time zones.  Is there a way to use the user's settings to dynamically change the conversion or do I have to create multiple reports to separate different time zones?

Regarding WIP, I check each query used for the universes and reports to make sure that the cost is minimal.

Thanks for your assistance.