cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Upon researching attachment storage in MDG we have found that attachments are stored in the tables USMD1211 and USMD1210. However, our business requirement is to store these attachments in an SAP optical archive already configured in our system. It would be our preference to have all of our attachments in a single file repository.

Is there any MDG configuration setting that will allow us to point these attachments to the repositories configured in transaction OAC0?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a similar issue.

However, we are not trying to save the attachments in the OAC0 content repository.

The requirement is can we integrate the MDG with DMS-docuement management system-  and store all the attachments and notes from MDG CR to a central DMS system?

And also is it possible for us to search the data / documents of MDG using this central DMS system.

What would be the significance of below Entity types in MDG - MM data model

DOKAR

DOKNR

DOKTL

DOKVR

Appreciate all your help!

Thank You

Shaila

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the suggestion by above would work for your case. You might want to store more fields in the master data for them to be searchable.

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shaila

Not sure whether this helps, but with MDG-M 7.0, SAP has shipped an material data model extension to support links to DMS documents. It's also possible to create these documents on the fly, which will then be directly stored in DMS (no staging area for the document itself).

So if your request concerns assignment of documents to materials (not CRs), MDG 7.0 might be an option.

Regards, Ingo

shaila_kasha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo and Abdullah

Thank you for your replies.

I will figure our these options. We have MDG 7.0, so will have to try the extension of material to DMS.

Thank you very much once again!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Shaila kasha

How is it going? It was possible to save documents in the DMS system?

Regards

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is very interesting. There are no special customization required I guess. But may require some custom coding. Please mail me elaborate details to discuss regarding this.

Thanks,

Kolusu

pkiran1981
Explorer
0 Kudos

You can move the documents once added to MDG's attachment list into the optical archive by creating an code enhancement and add the link to the optical archive document as a link in the same Attachments tab of the Change Request.

But I would assume that you would want to store these links within the Master Data section instead of at CR level if these are to be seen even after CR is activated. As after activation, a user displaying the object will not see the CR section. If this is the case, you would have to add a custom table entity which links the object ID (material/supplier/customer) with the optical archive link to the data model and show this on the MDG UI so that the user can navigate to the document later.

Regards,

Kiran P

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can try Opentext for archiving and storing the docs and configure MDG with Opentext....

Kiran

shashi_urs
Explorer

Hi Can you share with us necessary setup to be done. So that when we make any attachment for supplier master data it gets stored into IXOS. We are doing same thing but not yet got any sucess. Is there need any custom developments too.

karim_benakli_kb
Participant
0 Kudos

benbrahim.slimane there is a solution for this, it's an ABAP addon named YAC made by Znk. That one also allows to store all MDG attachments into any external repository, and of course also IXOS. Let me know if you want to discuss this further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MDG is used only for master data creation so it is internal purpose only. All the attachments in MDG (USMD1211/1210) are only for internal purpose (More information to Reviewer as well as Approver also, only for crud process for concenered master data change request).These attachments are never useful to Supplier or Customer. For this reason SAP does not provide any linkage between MDG and ECC for attachment flow.

In case of material Master SAP provides docoument mangement system (DMS) in data model only but not sure how to use it and where it  flows into ECC once's activation of CR

Former Member
0 Kudos

I disagree with Sanjay when he says "These attachments are never useful to Supplier or Customer." Many times a new customer or vendor submits important document when being on-boarded to  a system such as W-9, etc. Those are typically stored with the master record. I had this requirement at so many clients. Now, the fact that MDG does not link attachments to the master data record is a gap. In order to bridge this gap, you can build a small custom method to transfer the attachment once the record is approved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there is nothing available in MDG. You can build a custom solution to move attachment to OAC0 at any point in the MDG workflow (for example, upon activation of a record).