cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell borders not expanding using nested subforms

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

I have an existing form whose table was created using subforms (not a table object). I found this post which addresses my issue: . However, I'm still having an issue and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

The subform 'ITEM' contains 12 columns. I wrapped column 12 into a subform and named it Subform12. I then wrapped column 11 and Subform12 into a subform and called it Subform11. I continued to do this for the remaining 10 columns. I removed the borders for each individual column and instead set the border for each SubformXX. I also selected 'Auto-Fit' for the height for each SubformXX. The sixth column is the column that can contain multiple lines of text. After doing this the first 6 columns expand correctly, however, the last 6 do not.

Can someone please tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks!

Julie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

Can't you just do the following:

1. For the first cell (the one with the large amount of text), you but on the right border
  2. You take this cell together with the next one and put it into a flowed subform with the right border
  3. Then you take this subform together with the next one:
  4. Repeat number 3:

Kind regards,

Niels De Greef

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Niels, Your post turned on a light bulb! I needed to play around with how the cells/subforms were grouped together. I've got it working now.

Julie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member531036
Participant
0 Kudos

Does anyone have any suggestions for this? They would like me to have this completed by tomorrow.

Julie