cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Theme for WDA in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I realized that custom themes are possible for standalone WDAs not integrated in portal, however,

I'm not entirely sure if there are any workarounds to enforce custom themes for WDA applications

integrated into Portal, please advise.

Thanks

Stuart.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure there is, see Application Parameters and URL Parameters - Reference - SAP Library and Stylesheets in Web Dynpro ABAP - Developing Web Dynpro ABAP Applications - SAP Library for details. The parameters that are relevant for your requirement are WDTHEMEROOT, WDUSEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET and WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET. By default any WDA integrated in the portal, will inherit the theme of the portal so you can also customize that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for taking time to look into this. we donot want to change the current theme in portal, we just want to enforce a different theme for only one particular WDA application in portal, in that case,

according to the guidelines in the SAP help, if the WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET is not set then a comparison is performed between portal and backend system versions of themes and the newer of the themes will be applied to the application, is that correct?

Thanks

Stuart.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your requirement it should be sufficient to set WDTHEMEROOT to a AS ABAP theme. You can override the theme setting for each WDA separately (URL parameters, application parameters or application config parameters) or globally using WD_GLOBAL_SETTING.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here are the observations after setting WDTHEMEROOT to "sap_corbu" in the application parameters section of the WDA application.

When the WDA application is executed individually in standalone mode from SE80, it could be observed that the corbu theme gets reflected, however, no apparent visual changes were observed in portal for the same application even after setting WDTHEMEROOT to "sap_corbu", so, I assume, there is some additional effort needed to make the theme reflect in portal, can you please validate my assumption?

Thanks

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like it, set also WDUSEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET=OFF.

Former Member

that seems to have done the trick, after setting WDUSEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET=OFF we could observe that corbu theme is reflected in portal too.

Thank you.

Answers (0)