Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions regarding parameter changes.

former_member268919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) If we have static memory parameter which requires a restart of SAP instance and if i modify the parameter values say today 30.01.2015 and I took restart of SAP the next day that is 31.01.2015. What would be my modified date? 30/01/2015 or 31/01/2015?

2)As the SAP system stores shortdumps for last 30 days. Is there any way to know the dumps generated earlier to that? Any table?

3)Also how to check if the current paging area configured is sufficient for the system?

Help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1 - The modified date means the date when you modified the parameter in SAP whether you restart the system or not.

2 - ABAP dumps are stored in the table SNAP. You will be able to view the ABAP dumps if they are not deleted by the job SAP_REORG_ABAPDUMPS.

3 - It depends on what your system is. There is no point in assigning 3 times of memory if the main memory is sufficiently large. For instance if the system has 80 GB of memory you do not need to have 3*80 GB for the swap.

Cheers

RB

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 ) If you change the parameter in RZ10 , save , activate on 30th the date changed will be reflected as 30th ( even if you restart on 31rst )

2 ) No i believe . If you have configured Solution manager and connected the concerned system you can check in Exception analysis .

You can mark a dump in st22 to be held from reorganising

3) Normally 3 times the RAM size would do