cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto create Planned Shipment document from ODO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to use the transportation management only in EWM (i.e. do everything in EWM and not send anything to either ECC or TM).

This is the process that I want to follow:

1) Create Sales order in ECC

2) Create delivery in ECC and distribute to EWM.

3) ODR in EWM is created.

4) ODO in EWM is created and route determined in ODO.

5) From the ODO, I want to create a Planned Shipment document (of type PTRQ).

6) Pick, Pack and Stage as per POSC.

7) Manually create a Freight Document to load build and include multiple Planned Shipment Docs in it.

😎 Step 7 should create a TU/Vehicle via some PPF. I don't want to use Check In/Out so just want to manually load in the TU and do PGI

9) Final Shipment document (of type FTRQ) and Bill of Lading document (Of type BOLD) to be generated.

Question 1 - Is this the right sequence flow for the activities?

Question 2 - In Step 5 above, I system is not generating the planned shipment document automatically. Can you please guide me with how to set up the PPF (which action and what are the prerequisites to be met) so that it can create a Planned shipment document.

Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jobi_t
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello James,

You can have a PPF action at ODO and create a TU. You can set TU status as PLANNED at the time of ODO creation and later you can activate and do a PGI.

Regards,

Jobi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

to question 1: yes, this is how the process would work.

2: did you activare the EWM Tranportation Management at all? As I remember, there is an activation switch, the first customizing point of the tm section. After that, the standard ppf actions should all be there and working.

brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have activated the transportation mgmt. in EWM and attaching the screenshot of the activated ODM objects.

Also, when I manually try to create a shipment document, it gives me error "

Reading document PSH has failed (  )".

Attaching some screenshots.