cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.40 Java

erik_hendrix
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just installed SAP GUI 7.40 Java on my OS X system. So far I've encountered 2 problems:

1. I had all my connections identified through a connections and a MessageServers file. It looks like 7.40 changes how this is done and thus imports those. However, although I can see all my folders, all my connections to the SAP systems are not displayed. Upon further looking into it, it seems that the "<services>" section in SAPGUILandscape.xml is not filled in with my entries. I would have expected to see all my SAP Logon entries to be there, not just the folders.

2. I have SNC enabled and working with SAP GUI 7.30; but 7.40 keeps on stating that SNC is disabled. I am using the updated version provided by Benjamin (GUI 7.30rev3 for OS X has no sncgss.dyld) and that one is still working today with SAPGUI 7.30. Was anything changed in this respect with 7.40 for Mac?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

erik_hendrix
Explorer
0 Kudos

Been able to figure out point 2. Seems that Yosemite made a change as well and /etc/launchd.conf is not used anymore. Hence, the SNC_LIB was not set but I guess it was not impacting 7.30 for SSO but it is 7.40.

To enable SNC on OS X with 7.40 on Yosemite. First you still need the sncgss.dyld library mentioned in discussion  GUI 7.30rev3 for OS X has no sncgss.dyld).

Next you need to create a plist file in /Library/LaunchAgents (I named mine com.ehendrix.environment.plist). This file needs to contain:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>System_Environment_Variables</string>

<key>ProgramArguments</key>

<array>

<string>sh</string>

<string>-c</string>

<string>

launchctl setenv SNC_LIB /usr/local/lib/sncgss.dyld

</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</plist>

After that reboot your laptop and 7.40 SNC will work. Hope this helps.

erik_hendrix
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just checked in El Capitain. This is still working with setting the environment as mentioned earlier in this thread and downloading the sncgss from: https://github.com/kaduk/osxsnc/archive/osxsnc-1.0-final.zip and then compiling it. README contains instructions on how to compile (just need to download Xcode from App Store which is free).

Enjoy.