Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating PI Monitoring

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have couple of PI domains configured for PI Monitoring in Solution Manager (7.1 SP 10). Would like to know, what is the best way to deactivate PI monitoring for a particular PI domain, without just stopping the corresponding extractors.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shahid

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Shahid,

are you removing only monitoring or also the systems from the solman......the process to remove them completely is known as Decommissioning

check the below link

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Delete_Managed_System

do visit the guides available in above link to understand what else is required other than extractore if you want to remove permanently.

this should resolve

Thanks

Prakhar

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I would like to remove only "PI Monitoring" , not to remove the entire system from Solution Manager landscape.

Anyways, thanks for sharing the URL.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deleting the scenario is how you remove the PI specific monitoring on SolMan, I have done this a few times when I was first setting it up (granted I'm on SP12, but it should be the same effect on SP10).  Also don't forgot to remove the SLD link that you setup in System Prep, as this stops the PI domain from showing back up for select in Tech Mon.

And for the really paranoid, go through system monitoring after the scenario deletion and remove the monitoring and re-apply the template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

You can deactivate PI monitoring in solman_setup-->Technical monitoring-->PI monitoring -->Then go to scenarios -->select you PI domain or scenario which has your PI domain.

Then click on edit mode-->click on "Deactivate"

afterwards check PI Mon extractors deactivate or not in "Extractors administration"

Thanks,

Prakash

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

There is no "Deactivate" button there. There is "delete" button , to delete the PI domain. Will that deactivate PI monitoring? Or Should we "delete" it and later stop extractors? In my case, I would like to "deactivate" only PI monitoring, not system monitoring.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can delete scenario and it won't effect to your PI system monitoring.

Thanks,

Prakash

VJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

My query is about "PI Monitoring" which is part of Solution Manager Technical Monitoring.

Regards,

Shahids