cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues not being addressed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a rant and I appreciate very much the efforts by the SCN team in providing us with a stable, well performing and all around good platform to collaborate on SAP matters.

That said, to me it looks like known issues aren't being addressed and reproducible bugs aren't being fixed. I was just reading the latest updates to and to me it looks like the list just keeps growing, last fixes were implemented in December 2013. That's over a year ago! I myself have reported two issues, one regarding in December 2013 and one about in August 2014.

Now I get that committing to a platform based on SaaS has it's challenges and in this case the software (Jive) has it's shortfalls too. In the past the biggest problem was that the Jive version used on SCN wasn't the most, not even the second most, recent and thus it was harder to get bug fixes from Jive. Is this still the case?

Am I the only one wondering why there hasn't been a SCN Platform Update after December 2013? Has the countdown of a decaying platform started?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm closing this discussion thread since , and address my concerns and so much more.

oliver
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks, appreciate it

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181915
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

You are correct that we have not been keeping up with the requests for fixes recently. Some of the issues are related to vendor responsiveness (me in three) and others are related to the focus of our IT resources on the One Digital Experience project.

Now that the new SAP.com has been launched as part of the project, there will be a renewed focus by our IT team on Community.  We are participating in intensive planning and prioritization sessions over the next two weeks.

Look for another blog by Maggie Fox that will highlight the plans for SCN this year. It will be published on or about February 17.

Kind regards,

Jeanne

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a similar issue here. I had reported following a long time ago ( July 2014 ), a smaller thing, where even the problem was investigated, and thus ready to get fixed afaik.

- Rendering of bug report broken

- http://scn.sap.com/message/15197382#15197382

The topic was also already added here for fixing:

- SCN Known Issues List

-  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-24192

I wanted to check if the problem is still there, and leave a note for me and others, indicating it is already fixed or not.

Now my surprise, on both locations, for some reason (timeout? blocked?) I am not even allowed to leave a reply anymore.  Not with the issue that I reported, and not with the "SCN Known Issues List".  Is this by intention?  It is not helpful at all, especially not since the fix delivery times are quite long.

If this is somehow configurable, can you please lift this restriction? and make it match the processing times for fixes? 

Thanks,

Pieter

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The space got closed and is now included in the SCN Support space, that is the reason that you cannot add replies, comments or edit any content there.

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I've moved to SCN Support so that it can be commented on again.