cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on creating some services in Integration gateway and when I delete one of the services, my SMP server got stopped and when I try to restart the server, am getting following error.

|

2015 01 30 15:21:18#+0100#ERROR#com.sap.gateway.core.service.ljs.registry.ServiceRegistrationActivator##anonymous#Framework Event Dispatcher###[Gateway][TECHNICAL][LjsSrvRegGetSrvError]:Error in getting registered service. Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Map.get(java.lang.Object) of a null object loaded from field org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.provider.EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.pUnitsByName of an object loaded from local variable 'this' |

2015 01 30 15:21:18#+0100#INFO#System.out##anonymous#System Bundle Shutdown###SMPServerStatusManager: The SMP server stopped. |

2015 01 30 15:21:18#+0100#ERROR#com.sap.gateway.core.service.ljs.registry.ServiceRegistrationActivator##anonymous#Framework Event Dispatcher###java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Map.get(java.lang.Object) of a null object loaded from field org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.provider.EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.pUnitsByName of an object loaded from local variable 'this' com.sap.gateway.core.service.api.exception.ServiceRepositoryAPIException: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Map.get(java.lang.Object) of a null object loaded from field org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.provider.EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.pUnitsByName of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

at com.sap.gateway.core.service.repository.api.ServiceRepositoryAPIHandler.getServiceEntity(ServiceRepositoryAPIHandler.java:236)

at com.sap.gateway.core.service.ljs.registry.ServiceRegistrationActivator.bundleChanged(ServiceRegistrationActivator.java:129)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:847)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

Caused by: com.sap.gateway.core.service.exception.ServiceRepositoryException: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Map.get(java.lang.Object) of a null object loaded from field org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.provider.EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.pUnitsByName of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

at com.sap.gateway.core.service.dao.CustomServiceDAO.getService(CustomServiceDAO.java:38)

at com.sap.gateway.core.service.repository.api.ServiceRepositoryAPIHandler.getServiceEntity(ServiceRepositoryAPIHandler.java:229)

... 4 common frames omitted

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.util.Map.get(java.lang.Object) of a null object loaded from field org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.provider.EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.pUnitsByName of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.provider.EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.createEntityManagerFactory(EclipseLinkOSGiProvider.java:282)

at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.createEMF(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:118)

at org.eclipse.gemini.jpa.proxy.EMFServiceProxyHandler.invoke(EMFServiceProxyHandler.java:80)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy14.createEntityManager(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.gateway.core.service.dao.DBPersistence.getEntityManager(DBPersistence.java:136)

at com.sap.gateway.core.service.dao.CustomServiceDAO.getService(CustomServiceDAO.java:22)

... 5 common frames omitted

Can you guys help me in resolving this issue,

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is something strange behavior and wondering how come SMP stop/start is related to deletion of an IGW service. (i never seen this)

What is the status of window service "SAP Mobile Platform Server"? Is it stopped or starting?

Which SMP version you are working on?

Did you try to restart smp server?

You raise a SAP Support ticket if possible.

Regards,

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Its happening quite often.

One more similar issue is whenever Database is down (its on separate server and Oracle DB), then SMP server is going down.

And if I try to restart the server, its going to 'starting' state. And I am not left with any other option than the force kill (taskkill with the PID) the service. And starting the server is giving the error which is mentioned above.

I am working on SMP3.0 SP05 PL1 version.

Thanks

Aditya

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you should not wait for raising a ticket.

And if I try to restart the server, its going to 'starting' state. And I am not left with any other option than the force kill (taskkill with the PID) the service. And starting the server is giving the error which is mentioned above.

after killing with PID, did you restart SMP server? Was it up? Although it is not advisable to restart SMP server quite often.