cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Search in SAP MDG Vendor & Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDG experts,

Could anybody let me know, how to enable DB Search for Vendor & Customer SAP MDG 7.0?

In Search Inputfield Dropdown,I could'nt find an option for DB search.For Material we are able to enable it using a BAdI.Is there any config or BAdI to enable DB search for BP(Customer & Vendor)?

Kindly find below screenshot:

Thanks,

Jyothi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

varun_jain3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any way we can add new methods to this search ?

Or

Any option through which we can add new attribute to this search ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDG-S/C come with DB search as the default. So you already have it active and can use it e.g. when searching for "General data".

MDG-M worksdifferently here, as it would be hard to implement a classification search w/o ES, and you usually have classification on materials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did searched for General Data,but it was fetching from Staging area rather than from Active Area

Thanks,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has to be a bug then. Check OSS if there are SNOTEs applicable to your case. There have been some changes to search lately.

The MDG searches have to query both data stores, independent whether the implementation is a DB or ES search. Everything else is a coding / setup error.

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyothi,

all the search help displayed belong to the DB search,also check the allocation of search help.

Check the match profile as well.

raghu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi,

Check if the search mode is configured in the customizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RaghuRam,

As you mentioned, the same is configured already.Is there any other config needed?

Thanks,

Jyothi