cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of a Greyed out settlement rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way in which we can delete a greyed out settlement rule @WBSe level? I have tried reversing the settlements that have been carried out , but still the settlement rule is greyed out? Any comments are appreciated.

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, once used it cannot be removed in the standard system.

You have the option to maintain up to 999 rules, so normally that is not a problem.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both the fields have been greyed out.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

As I wrote above, AuC is a very special case.  It is not possible to do much with such a settlement rule.  Your WBS is linked 1:1 with AuC generated through Investment Profile, it cannot be restricted by dates.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks  Paulo. I was referring to Maria where he mentioned to have restricted the settlement rule using To/From.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

The above screenshot i shared for FXA, which is possible to edit the To/From.

For AuC, you cannot edit the settlement rule. Paulo is correct.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maxi no. of rules are 3.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This rule never been used before, so no point to restrict it yet.  You can try it with a different (easy) type of receiver.

AuC as receiver is a very special case to handle, it has additional restrictions.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Normally, you will be able to maintain the To / From period, please find below screenshot for reference.

I have earlier used with my client to restrict the settlement rule using To/From.

Please check whether you are in display mode of CJ20N.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

I am not in display mode. I would really appreciate if you can tell me the way in which we need to restrict the settlement rule using To/From.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos
Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have anything in the First Used field (bit more complete screen would be useful)?

If it never been used no point to restrict it, can be deleted.

What is the max number of rules in the settlement profile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paulo,
Please find the screenshot below where the To Period field is also greyed out.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definitely Agreed, Paulo.

However, what I would like to understand from you is whether we can have the From Period and the To period field open? The settlement rule in our case seems to have completely greyed out.  I would need to close off the old settlement rule.

Regards

Varun

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From is normally greyed out after the first use, To must be open in the edit mode (but not after it becomes a past period as far as I remember).  Please check that you are not locking order master data in any other session.