cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Monitoring Application - BO 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not use the monitoring functionality in BI 4.1 and therefore consider disabling this functionality.
  -Are there any disadvantages we should be aware of if we disable the monitoring application?
-Are Metrics shown on the specific servers are still collected ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

monitoring trend data won't be collected if the application is disabled.  note that there is a service contained in the APS for monitoring purposes, which can also be removed from your running configuration.

disadvantages are that mainly that you wont be capturing live or retaining historic trending data .

and that distributed administrator (who don't have OS access i.e. for task maanager) won't be able to use the monitoring web app to observe and respond.

regards,

H

alexej_petrow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Does it mean that if monitoring is disabled, no data will be sent to Solution Manager over the SMD / Wily ? Or is that not affected by this?

regards

Alexej

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are using Wiley or Sol Man, then if my understanding is correct, they use SMDAgents (monitoring agents) and Java instrumentation and OSCol to capture their metrics (so independent of the apps enabled/disabled on BIPlatform)

i'm going to move this thread to Remote Support, to get final confirmation.

Regards,

H

Answers (0)