cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro technical details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way to check exact contents within a transport request that contains macro books instead of the objects (apart from macro book technical names)? We are transporting a few macros within a Planning Book and want to check the exact content of the transport requests we are moving. Are there simpler ways to reconcile macro books other than manually comparing each macro between two systems?

Any tips/short cuts to analyse transport requests involving macro books would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
PN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi PN01,

I don't have an answer to your questions regarding the transport but here's a tip: if you put in place a macro book versionning process it can save you a lot of headaches, especially if multiple people have access to modify the macro books.

Please refer to the following link:

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Maxence and Satish. Macro version management is helpful indeed.

Any insights on how to analyse a transport request containing macro work books? Also is it technically possible to transport a single macro instead of the entire macro book?

Regards,
PN

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello PN,

Version Mgmt is good option. I liked it.

As a practice whenever you need to start working on macros it is good practice to check a few things for required Macrobook by using Macro workbench initial screen.

1. Changed By and Changed On.

2. Total Number of Macors, Ungenerated, Default, Start, Exit and Level Change. These count should match between your Dev and Production system. 

If there is any mismatch with above details, then I would prefer to do more thorough checks.
going into macrobook verifying individual macros.

You can check a few tables using SE16 and also try downloading the contents doing Vlookup.

Tables names related to macros in APO are -

1. /SAPAPO/ADVM (guid based for pbook and dview)

2. /SAPAPO/PBMADVM  ( this one has linking of guids and actual name)

3. /SAPAPO/AMAKR_TX  (this one has names of macros etc)

Hope this will help.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare