cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "GetProcessList failed: 80004005" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Everytime I start the Management Console on my local machine I get an error message popup. The message is:

"GetProcessList failed: 80004005

Unspecified error"

I click OK button and then MMC comes up. Everything seems to work OK after that but it worries me that I'm seeing an error message each time.

I've searched this forum for that message but haven't found anything.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this message.

Thanks!

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I guess when you last saved the settings to your SAP MMC, you had selected the Process List for some of the instances. That's why when you open the MMC and these instances are not started, you get this message. But it makes no harm to your system, so don't worry about that

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladimir and Siddesh,

I understand what you're saying when you say "don't worry about it" but I'm looking at the bigger picture.

I'm part of a pilot project to define standards and procedures on how we use Netweaver in our shop. If I did something to cause this error to occurr I want to make sure that I know how to do it correctly so that our procedures will be right.

Sounds like neither of you is sure exactly what I might have done. Any suggestions (short of uninstalling and reinstalling) on how I might determine what is causing the error?

Thanks

David

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

What you "did to cause this error to occur" was: you selected one of the Process List nodes in the tree. Then you closed MMC and clicked "Yes" in the dialog "Save console settings to SAPMMC?". Now when you open again the MMC and those processes are not started, you get this error.

Solution: Start MMC and select SAP Systems in the tree. Then close it and choose "Yes" in the dialog "Save console settings to SAPMMC?". Now you won't get this annoying error on every start.

Best regards,

Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladimir,

Thanks much for your reply. That fixed it!

David.

pedroA
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have now installed the Internet Sales in high availability, but I'm having a problem regarding a SAP Gateway that I need to install in the Dialog instance due to the fact that TREX 6.0 (necessary for Internet Sales) will communicate with CRM backend using RFC and will be installed in that node.

The problem is that when I install the instance GWS nº 47 for Sap Gateway and I restart the server the gws instance in the console management appears with the defect icon. If I try to see the process list I'll get the message "GetProcessFailed", never then less I can see the start profile of that instance using MMC, with no problem.

I'm using SAP Gateway from Presentation CD 640 C2.

I notice that in stand alone systems where we install Sap Gateway together with a J2ee instance the MMC acts strange.

Can any one give me some indications about this issue?

I already try to use note 142100 but with no positive result

I have an alternative, that is to install the Sap GW in a standalone server. Is there any problem with that configuration?

Best Regards

Pedro Albuquerque

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This happened to me as well, just now. I am using the 6.40 Sneak Preview.

1. Yesterday I shutdown my J2E System in MMC, as normal.

2. This morning, on opening MMC, I immediately get a dialog "GetProcessList Failure=80004005 error unknown".

3. If I try to start the J2E system, the DB and <host>1 start okay, but the <host> 0 node stays gray.

4. Now, with it half started, STOP the J2E system.

<b>5. Now START the J2E system again and all processes do start successfully.

6. Close your MMC, say NO to "Save Console settings?", and on next open it still gives the 80004005 error. Click okay, you can see all your processes are running.

7. In the MMC, open a node and click on a child node (this causes MMC to prompt to save Console Settings when you close it). Close MMC and this time say "Yes" to save settings.</b>8. Now on the next MMC start there is no error message.

These steps worked for me anyway. Incidentally I am using using JDK 1.4.2_03b2.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

we also face the same issue, i guess the problem lies with one of the Windows DLL, you need not be worried about it, since it is not causing any issues.

Regards,

Siddhesh