Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I have follwoing issues with client.

1. are we able to display the column in BOM which shows components revision levels?

2. Also in prod.order?

3.How can we show the stock level of components at at revision levels?

what are all areas do we have to customize?

It will be a great help if any of you can assist me in solving these questions, i will really appreciate that..

Thanks,

kanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I messed #3 with my bad english

the correct statement is ..

date effectivity of change number makes only one revision active at any given point of time ( if a rank is used then rank takes precedence)

Hope this helps.

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanth,

1. Revision levels cannot be seen or can be assigned at item level in a BOM

2. Revision level is a milestone that can be associated with a change number that means instead of remembering/using a change no , one can use revision

3. Always the revision based on date effective will be active ( only revision will be active

4. you cannot see revision on the stock

5. you CAN plan and produce a back revision (other than active revision) you need to do it manually ( by default always current revision can be produced)

6. you can mention a revision while a purchase cycle is made for purchased parts but its just a tag for stastics and does not control any thing.

What type of industry you are working with??and what is the rqmnt?

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanth,

For this to happen, you need to activate Revision level for material master,

i.e material master should be changed/tracked only through revision level,

then to BOM.

i.e. In MM02, MM01 the change Number should be mandatory, this ca be achieved by activating the field exit.

Once you link MM-BOM-Prd Ord, then your tracing will be based on revision level.

so the complete cycle has to be based on revision level.

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

can you give me steps to follow to complete the cycle based on revision levels.

can you give me with some example?

Activating revision level means, assigning change number to material and then revision level, am i right?

Where should i activate the field exit? i don't have much idea regaridng this..

it will be a great help if you can provide some step by step process or if you have any documents can you firward them to my mail.. kanth.sdn@gmail.com

Thank you very much for the help,

Kanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanth,

First in Spro->Cross Application> ECM---->"Define Revision levels for materials".

here you need to define in fashion you want, i.e A, B, C, D, E ..... or 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09.....etc.

Then In MM01/MM02 you need make <b>change number field Mandatory</b>, i.e. whenever you create/change Material Master you need to have a "Change Number"

So that always material created will have 01 as first revision and then when you change it keeps increasing to 02, 03, 04,...... likewise you can track the changes with change numbers and revision levels.

to achive this give this requirement to some ABAP guy, he will make this change number field mandatory,

Similarly you can do it for CS01/CS02 also.

field exits will be activated in CMOD/SMOD by ABAP guy he will tell you OK.

first do this and let me know, rest i shall guide you further.

Regards

Rehman

Mark Useful Answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

Once i did the Change Number mandatory for MM01,02 & CS01,02, how can i proceed further to show the revision level of components in the BOM?

Plz guide me further........

Thanks in Advance,

kanth