Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapdat1 too large

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys ,

Once again i need your expert help.

i am install Database Instance on a HP-UX box (unicode). NW2004 version.

i have already installed Central instance and ORACLE. i am currently at PHASE 22 of 37 CREATE TABLESPACE.

i am gettin an error:

"CJS-00091 Unable to create the tablespaces.<br>DIAGNOSIS: There is not enough free disk space: Mount point | space required | space available | SAPDATA directories /oracle/D10/sapdata1 | 95557 | 86955.5 | 1.<br>SOLUTION: Make more disk space available."

i already have assigned 86GB of space to SAPDATA1 .

i found a solution in one of the notes

"

Error message: Unable to create the tablespaces Symptom:You get the following error message during DB installation in sapinst_dev.log:

CJS-00091 Unable to create the tablespaces. DIAGNOSIS: There is not enough free disk space

Solution:

You can skip the step "checkFreeDiskSpace" or you need to make the

following changes in control.xml: 1. search for the string:

this._findMountPointInArray =

function(arr, mountPoint)

{

var mountPointEq =

function(x,val)

{

return x.mountPoint = val;

2. change this string to: return x.mountPoint == val;

3. To skip the step start the sapinst with the option:

sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true

or search in keydb.xml for the sting "SAPINST_INST_STATUS" and then for

"ERROR" and set it to "OK".

"

But it still is the same.

has anybody come across this problem or know why its doing this.

one more thing i wannted to add the install is adding files all the data in sapdat1, it is not using sapdata2 sapdata3 sapdata4 . Any suggestions.

Thanks a lot,

Message was edited by:

Ritesh Malhotra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ritesh,

You are only deactivating the freespace check. SAPINST, however, still has an issue when it's going to create the tablespace itself.

It's finding 86.955 GB of space, but is looking to create sapdata1 with the size of 95.557 GB. This is only your first datafile as well, so you need to address the overall disk space allocation here. If you adjust for the 95 GB, SAPINST will likely fail on SAPDATA2 if you're using the same mountpoint.

What does 'df' tell you about the /oracle/ mountpoint?

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi tim,

i have increased the sapce for SAPDATA1 to 112292624 total and the install went ahead.

but there is no data in SAPDATA2 SAPDATA3 SAPDATA4.

why is there ? during the install it dint ask me anythin about these directories.

Thanks for your help